13 Weeks of Horror Movies Reviews Hosted by Moonboy TV 2019

Moonboy TV is a grass-roots community driven YouTube channel dedicated to Horror Movie Reviews, Halloween, and All the things that go bump in the Night

Moonboy TV started out of a deep seeded love for all things horror.

As a child I had the misfortune to have witnessed a pretty horrific accident involving a family member. The result of which left me with many graphic and scarring images

Being a young and imaginative young boy I took to art as a way to externalize the terror I felt on the inside.
Instead of spending countless weekends at the hospital with my recovering parent, I got to spend a lot of time with my Grandma and Aunt.
It was my time with them that planted the seeds for my love of horror.

Scary Tales of Mr. RedEye

My grandmother was a story teller, she loved to scare my cousin, brother and me.
She would regale us with tales of ghosts and hauntings, but most of all she told us about Mr. Red Eye.

Mr. Red Eye was a deranged serial killer who supposedly stalked the woods around her house in search of children to murder.

These stories would always be corroborated by my aunt who would inevitably flesh them out further telling us the scary details that my grandmother “didn’t think we could handle”.
Then of course they would send us outside with a tent for the night and tell us to have fun and to watch out for Mr. Red Eye.

A horrible thing to do to kids but looking back it was the greatest gift.

It provided me with a distraction for what was going on in my head and got my mind imagining even greater fictional horrors lurking just beyond the edge of the woods.
I learned to replace my traumatized thoughts with scary stories instead.

One fateful weekend, when the weather wasn’t conducive to camping outside or staying in the tree fort we had built, I was introduced to my first horror movie.
This was to be about Mr. Red Eye’s supposed brother, a terrifying burnt man who hunts you in your dreams.

That’s right, it was Freddy Kruger

anigif_enhanced-buzz-27331-1370541555-1

When I first saw Freddy pull Johnny Depp into his bed causing a geyser of blood, I was transfixed.
It opened up a whole new world of possibilities for my young mind to imagine. I was equally petrified and excited.

Fast forward a couple of years.
Knowing how much I liked horror movies and books, my parents brought me to the very first Halloween Horror Nights (at that time known as Fright Nights).

I went through my very first haunted house and was changed for life.
I was still a kid and scared out of my wits, but I also knew that I LOVED it

I’ve been going to HHN and various other haunts ever since; practicing horror makeup and design to hopefully one day be involved in the haunt scene.

Which brings me to today.

Today I’m working on dealing with a new frightening medical situation in my family.

Just like a good security blanket, focusing on horror movies, haunts and other things that go bump in the night, is really giving me the distraction I need.

But as I’ve aged, I’ve learned a thing or two.

We all have our own demons.

We all need distractions.

We all need friends to turn to.

With that in mind I’ve decided to start a new series on my channel.

A community based viewing party.

It’s open to anyone who wants to join. No matter what you are dealing with in life, you’ll have a spooky safe place to come hang out and spend some time with like minded individuals.

The Rise of Moonboy TV

Every Thursday night for the next 13 weeks I will host a horror movie (chosen by YOU with your votes).
I will provide you a link so that YOU will able to tune in and watch it with me and the rest of the viewing party at the same time. It won’t be all watching though, our watch party will have a chatroom as well during the movie.

Once the movie is over, I’ll invite a few of you to join me on a live stream to do an in deep dive review, similar to the drunk review series I already do.
(To watch all the Drunk Movie reviews please visit Moonboy TV )

I really look forward to this next chapter for MoonBoy TV and sincerely hope that you’ll be a part of it.

until then. Please feel free to visit me on social media:
YouTube
twitter
Instagram
Yen.io

ASSISTED PUBLISHING by SkyDaisyMedia.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SkyDaisyMedia/
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/raven-sky/

3 Likes

join the watch party right now. we are watching ghost ship

3 Likes
  • Day of the dead
  • Bloody Birthday
  • Hellraiser

0 voters

Vote on next Thursday’s viewing party movie here!

3 Likes

Sweet. I’ve never seen “Day of the Dead”

1 Like

it may have to be delayed. i’ve been having issues getting the site to work. unfortunately the streaming site i use to share my stream has been having issues all night :frowning:

3 Likes

I’m finally out of queue.

we’ll give this a shot and if it doesn’t work out we’ll have a makeup day on Monday

3 Likes

I missed out. I’m up for a retry on Monday.

2 Likes

tonight we make up for last Thursday’s technical difficulties. I will be streaming Day of the Dead. Come be part of the experience and watch/discuss the film with me! 8pm est. https://www.rabb.it/s/3uj7f4

3 Likes

I didn’t realize it was Memorial Day. I’ll try to make it this Thursday

1 Like

Vote for this week’s movie choice

• Scream
  • Freddy vs Jason
  • The Conjuring

0 voters

3 Likes

vote for next week’s horror related movie!

• zombie land
  • house
  • Elvira mistress of the dark

0 voters

week4

2 Likes

It the Rabbit service too unreliable?

1 Like

nah it’s ok. its a little swamped sometimes but its not too bad

1 Like

Elvira tonight or are you busy?

1 Like