Antivirus software

I’ve been using McAfee antivirus for a while now. Just wondering what people are using out there and which one brings the most value.

3 Likes

Bitdefender. #charlimit

3 Likes

kaspersky removed avast recently

1 Like

Curious though, what do you mean by “most value”?

What’s important is how often it gets AV definitions updated, features (like malware scanning etc), impact on overall performance and price.

1 Like

Best performance for the user is basically what I meant. In basic terms what is the best performing software out there that’s the most valuable to the user.

best thing to do is just Google that, check product reviews from the big ones (mcafee, Bitdefender, Norton etc.) and the product comparisons…

2 Likes

I have been extremely happy with avast

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

2 Likes

He is prob mining from all his customers who knows

3 Likes

Comodo Internet Security … not well known, but look it up on youtube. Been using it for a few months at home and deploying at the office. Love this software.

3 Likes

I stop using AVG last year and moved to Kaspersky. ESET is also good too.
If your running windows 10, windows defender is on by default.

1 Like

I am using MacBook, it is safe from viruses, and I very satisfied with that. Don’t need to pay for a software, download them, configure and let them bother me all the time. However, I used to have McAfee, that was decent on Windows, I had to update it once in a year, pay $100 for 3-4 software for different devices and it would not bother me the whole year!

1 Like

That statement is just wrong. Every complex system connected to the internet can be attacked.

The reason why there is still less malware and viruses targeted at Apple is the fact that there are a lot more Windows machines around, so they are the better target.

But that does not mean, that you are not vulnerable. For example, if your OS runs on an Intel processor, you have been vulnerable to “meltdown” since over a decade.

So if you think your MacBook is secure, you read or heard misleading information and are not aware of the risks.

3 Likes

Well, you are right, Macs can be attacked, but I have never had such experience before (not using antivirus at all).

1 Like

So, you think, because it didn’t happen it is no problem? How would you notice? I don’t know how you handle for example your crypto currencies, but if you have any private keys on your system, I would be worried.

Btw. my opinion about antivirus software is, that it is just a part of the protection. A lot of viruses can’t be recognized. That is why using some kind of sandboxing is one of the best solutions.

1 Like

… additionally, it could well be, that you have some virus or rootkit on your system. You would not notice until it is too late.

1 Like

Thanks for your advice and suggestions, I will be more careful afterwards. But I am saying, I have been using Mac for 5 years and never had a problem with any virus. But will definitely be more careful, thanks a lot! :wink:

2 Likes

Avast. Sophos is good, too.

2 Likes

Kaspersky and McAfee are both good. Kaspersky is more user friendly and excellent for home use. I administer McAfee at work and its solid, but a bit complex to setup…however, I believe the home client version may be simpler.

2 Likes

Bitdefender was highly rated on several sites and showed to have a minimal impact on performance. I’ve not noticed any performance degradation since installing it on any of my 5 systems.

3 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠