Anyone claiming their free Uniswap (UNI) tokens?

2 Likes

Can’t seem to figure out how? I’ve been using coinbase wallet for all my uniswap transactions. Do I need to switch to another wallet?

3 Likes

I believe you had to have made a trade before September 1st on Uniswap. I claimed mine from my MetaMask wallet, so no issues there. All you would have to do is login and there would be a popup on the right upper hand corner.

3 Likes

Found it! Awesome thanks. I do everything from my phone, so its a little different lol.

2 Likes

I had a few wallets. Pretty awesome to get 4 free ETH per wallet. This airdrop is enough for some people to buy a used car. Wtf. :rofl: :exploding_head::heart:

3 Likes

There’s no doubt in my mind that people may have used up to 100 UniSwap accounts for varying reasons (bots, security, testing, etc). There’s no doubt in my mind that some people were airdropped a supercar of some sort :upside_down_face: .

3 Likes

$8 now, which is a $3200 free airdrop.

I’m trying to think of who is buying this shit, and why? I mean, you have $750 million dollars worth of free money out there, and everyone I know has sold. It’s nothing more than a governance token. So who the hell is buying, and in such absurd quantities necessary to counter the hundreds of millions being dumped? It doesn’t make any sense.

2 Likes

Nathan you have think about the future. Right now they don’t collect fees, but they can vote to have some of the fees directed to the token holders, and that’s a potential cash cow.

3 Likes

I can think of some reasons:

1. DeFi hype, which seems to be the defining factor of the next bull run.

2. FOMO and greed 110%. I already took profit, and so should many others. I still have some left, and I’m waiting to see where to top is. I can gamble a bit because it was literal free money, so no loss :slight_smile: .

3. Instant listing by major exchanges (makes sense as a business move, but I’m not a fan of them straying away from their listing process).

4. I think a somewhat sensible reason is UniSwap’s ethos. A popular DeFi project that’s run by the people, and they kicked it off by airdropping thousands of dollars(worth of tokens) to people who simply interacted with the platform. That alone will make investors, big and small jump on the train.

Despite all of this, I believe smart money has been accumulating mid-long term projects, so I expect those to far outperform most DeFi and farming platforms (this one due to my personal foreshadowing of regulations). I think this market will always be in a somewhat “immature” state due to it being so open, but over time it will be minimized, and people will increase positions in projects with legitimate use cases.

1 Like

Nice to have you back @tom_acf!

And @Genesis those are definitely reason why people are buying, but I was referring to FA based reason. Meaning what makes it a smart investment.

Tom’s makes the most sense to me. However xDai is quickly being implemented into everything under the sun, so it’s just a matter of a few months before either Uni implements it as well (there’s already an official Uni beta built with xDai), or else a competitor like Moonwap will beat them to it (which will force their hand). Either way, it’s inevitable that an L2 solution decimates the “royalty fees” narrative.

2 Likes

Okay got it, my bad!

On a side note, just found out I had another UniSwap wallet :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Oh shit! Nice to discover that a day late when the price is so high. Congrats!

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠