Aside from your mom's garage .. where to locate extra rigs?

Let’s say your house can’t support more rigs and your wife is pissed already … buuuut you want to setup 5x more rigs with 40 GPU pulling estimated 5000w.

Where do you go ? Colo ? Rent warehouse ?

I contacted my local ( San Jose Bay Area ) provider and the quote was kinda high. $1100 with 2 yrs commit to get 30AMP @ 208V. At 80% capacity ( fire code ) its just what I needed 4992w constant draw … buuut kinda pricey.

Office shares even if I was to pay my electrical cost might not be able to support the draw.

1 Like

See if you can find office space for rent. Sometime real estate agents group together in office suites and rent a room. That is what Peter and I are doing. The office suite is occupied mainly by real estate agents. We got 1 room located by the electrical panel. We were able to make all the modification we needed and worked out a compromise on the electricity bill.

1 Like

mom’s basement?

joking aside … see if any of your friends have some sort of business that is somewhat like a warehouse? or un-used space in any of their business and you can just agree on a fee for the electricity bills?

The gains on just buying cheap and hodling are inmense, that’s why I’ve never ventured into mining rigs myself, too much of a hassle IMO.

1 Like

Thanks ImaginaryPi. I’ll look into this route but I’m worried the machineries will over power the office outlets and tripping breakers. As you said would need electrician to come in and modify the space. Not sure how many professional offices will allow this much intrusion for a stranger who’s just sharing a room. Different if you already have a connection though.

Manuel, I’m also buying coins ( thnx Peter! ) but mining as well since I figure its a this is a lower risk / lower reward endeavor.

1 Like

It doesn’t hurt to ask. Note, the room we use isn’t shared with anyone else. It’s an office suite with smaller closed offices inside. Ask around, drive around, see what is out there. Maybe even contact a real estate professional and let him know what your needs are. That is what I did.

2 Likes

Our rent is less than that. We also pay the electric bill. We have a very small office, only 100 sq ft.

1 Like

We had our electrician add 12 outlets in total. About $650

1 Like

I posted something on Thursday. Tutorial on setting up a mining pool…on linux…interesting. I’m not a big linux guy. In fact, not at all. I will look into what I can do.

1 Like

I did a video on Return on Investment. It was my first video. The video quality wasn’t good from the export I did. Are you asking I do a more updated ROI video? Anything specific you would like for me to cover?

1 Like

Send them. I’d be more than happy to do it.

1 Like

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠