#B90X - DAY 1 - Let's Begin

b90x

No worries. Review again later! Let’s get in it!

I am in.
Leant from the paper that bitcoin was a solution to deal with increasing transaction costs and limits to small casual transactions. It would seem with my limted knowledge Bitcoin is back there again still needing a solution to this.
Off to day 2

I’m going to join this B90x:)

About damn time.

This is such a seminal whitepaper, but I had no idea it was only about 7 pages long. Plus a page of reference, and the 8th page taking up most of the space from calculations. I’m excited to begin my journey!

I’m in! I read the white paper and learned that it’s very inefficient, if not impossible, to cheat the protocol. An attacker would be better off to play by the rules.

I’m in too. Great to start this

“What did I learn?” The following seems like something I would see on a breakfast menu at an alternative, gluten-free, vegan, non-gmo, sustainable restaurant here in Los Angeles:

The Bitcoin Breakfast - Avocado toast served with: prev hash, nonce, and merkle root.

:rofl:

It’s never to late to learn something new, While I did initially feel like I was really late to the game, It did make me feel better reading the white paper and seeing just how well thought out, yet simple bitcoin is. I’m on board and think that the Pub and b90x will get me up to speed faster than anything else.
Bring the power back to the people!!!

I am excited to be part of the program and I WILL finish the full 90 days! We’ve been investing/trading crypto for about 2 months now, and am ashamed to admit that I hadn’t read the white paper. This really de-mystified the entire thing and really made what I thought to be complex, a very simple concept. The biggest thing I learned was how the transactions are “verified”. That was a question that had been looming in my mind.

great!

most people will quit half-way through… so, stay strong! it’s a long course!

How it buries the nodes to save space is really cool while preserving it at the same time

Just read through and finished the whitepaper, to say Satoshi Nakamoto is a genius or a consortium of geniuses would be an understatement. Definitely not an easy read through but behind the technicalities its clear to see what the basis of this creation was, for the people by the people and way to bypass the Central banks dominance on global finance and distribution of wealth; or at least I saw it this way haha.

Favorite line is definitely “What is needed is an electronic payment system based on cryptographic proof instead of trust” couldn’t agree more.

Great read thank you, On to day 2 tomorrow let’s do this :muscle:t3:

Just read the whitepaper, been a long time since I’ve read anything longer than a 140 character tweet… “2gb of ram and Moore’s Law of 1.2gb growth per year” made me chuckle. The author seemed to have an amazing insight into future growth and definitely a 2008 perspective on data compression, not a 2018 “yeah just make it as big as you want” mentality.

There was a lot of wisdom looking back at it. He may have been a time traveler.

Ok check, I’ve gone through the white paper only the best way I can. A revolutionary technology and a world wide industry disrupter master plan in just 9 pages. Awesome!

As someone who has no formal background in CS or Advanced mathemratics this paper was surprising readable, minus a few sections (particularly and unsurprisingly the “calculations” section was maybe the most problematic). Anyways, my basic take away’s is the following:

1. Proof of Work - AKA mining? (determined by hashing power??)
  2. Problem of double-spending solved
  3. Peer-to-Peer Transactions (elimination of any central authority - the basis of Crypto it’s?? and also the Libertarians’ utopia? - separation of currency and state as the end game?)
  4. Nodes act as the authority to validate transactions in the network
  5. When a new block is created, the first transaction creates a new coin (with value, therefore acts as an incentive to miner’s?)

I guess these are my 5 take-aways off the top. I put question marks in the post to imply fully my ignorance on the topic.

• Adam

Hello all (UK, Wales) started on day 1 of the journey. Not really tech savvy but got the Jist of the white paper. I previously worked at a bank only retail side though :see_no_evil:, the idea seems so simple that it’s strange it wasn’t thought of before but hindsight is great for everything hey, so I take from it that we just basically CUT out the dodgy middle man who charges us for doing hardly any work and life becomes a bit more easier to transact.

Time to buy those coins :ok_hand::grinning:

Been here for a week and i’m starting this program.
I read Satoshi’s whitepaper yesterday and I’m glad that this is part of Day 1’s assignment.

I started investing in BTC last December and yeah this week it got halved :frowning:

Not really worried about it because I’ve looked at BTC’s trend from way back and saw that it has always recovered and increased in value over time. (I just hope the December 2013 trend doesn’t happen again)

Glad to be part of this community and thankful that this program is actually free!

Yo whats up guys. I’m a zygote so I had no clue that an individual coin was a chain of digital signatures.