Note: Originally posted in the Forum under Beginners & Help on 16 Jun 18. Why? Because I’m a technical doofus and did not know to post it to B90X.
My first post to y’all from L.A.
Hello Cryptonation…… Frank R. spotting my first post to y’all from L.A. – that’s Lower Alabama, southeast corner of the state in a town called Dothan, population ~ 60k.
Dipped my toe into BTC as my first crypto in Nov 2017. Each day radio host Glenn Beck and others were commenting on the rise of BTC. I started reading everything on cryptos and bought in during the NOV-DEC FOMO pump. (If I only knew then what I know now….ahem, but that’s another story).
Why did I get into cryptos? I heard/read articles proclaiming BTC and altcoins the money of the future. I think governments would be happy if they could get out of the minting business because of the recurring expense—first get rid of copper pennies, then all other coins, then paper money. It makes sense to digitize our currency.
Of course we know there are negative issues in an all digitized currency, in general: security, fraud, government interference, etc. When I heard of a distributed ledger system with encryption, it made sense to me and I bought my first crypto coin.
My “to the moon” goals have bet to do a buy in, let it double, remove my stake and play with the house’s money. So far that plan hasn’t worked at all. NEW PLAN is to start $ cost average like Peter. I will play the four main currencies (60%) and play the rest in altcoins (40%).
Yesterday I was surfing sites for info on altcoin ICON because I’d never heard of it and my search lead me to Crypto Pub. I laughed out loud when I saw the guy below…….said he is waiting for his ICON to go to the moon.
I’m excited about all the wise counsel that I am going to receive from those on Crypto Pub, advice from those who have “been there, done that” and at the same time avoiding the crypto hype from the talking heads.
Day 1 - Working on a ticket to ride……