#b90x - DAY 11 - Timebox all Things!

b90x

Iv recently ventured into mining and taking it seriously and with my main job taking up most if my time iv allocated 1-2 hours after work to build and tweak the rig.
I spend most of my time on my days off researching and educating my self and plan on spending an hour a day to learn code

This is a great idea. Did this a while ago for at least a year. Was very productive in that year. Lost that somehow. Time to start again. Lets go!

I time box my study schedule. Because I have so much studying to do, I have to make sure I’m dedicating enough time to each subject. This way, I know that I’m putting enough time in and can enjoy myself when I’m not studying.

I sit at a computer most of the day at work. Since I’m stuck at work most of the day I usually take care of bills, shopping, and crypto during my down time. When I’m home I focus on family, relaxing, and entertainment. It works out well for me.

This has been a recurring topic in my life as of recent, and I have been coming up with excuses as to avoid practicing timeboxing. I need to get over it and just do it. I have class assignments, reading, workouts, b90x, etc that I should be timeboxing to make myself more efficient.

Timebox all Things!

“A Wandering Generality” – that best describes my daily routine.
It is so hard to change ingrained bad habits.
I know I need to do this for my own good
(since wasting time is one of my weaknesses).
I knew this thing was coming and I dread it. :tired_face:

Time boxing - I know what I can do, I’ll “Kaisen-asize” it:
• Forget any pre-conceived ideas
• Quickly implement good improvement proposals
• Turn difficulties into opportunity
• Try and then validate ideas

Feeling much better now
Day 11 – Movin’ on…

**Buy a Bitcoin and hodl it. :pig2:

Been working on my time boxes today. Breaking down my music mediation, audio books, CPA studying, spouse time, working out, and crypto research. I might need some ways to stay dedicated to my time boxing.

timeboxing can be rough at the beginning but its all about discipline.

This is where I really need to improve. My wife and daughter are out of town this week and during this it really became apparent that I have way over extended my commitments. I have a very stressful job that is full of meetings and special projects but not much time to actually DO my job. We are in a merger with DuPont and this is causing more extra work and responsibilities. I use a Full Focus Planner to try to manage my time but I don’t specifically use it to time box…it is more for tracking/scheduling and note taking so I don’t have any ohh shit I forgot that incidents. I also lead 2 different ministries at Church and I am on City Council; both of these consume a lot of my OFF time. So, I think I’ll use my planner and outlook calendar to start time boxing and see how it goes!

Dang, that’s a lot of time and responsibility on your hand. Maybe timeboxing can create more time for you by forcing yourself to move from certain tasks, I hope it works out man.

I know that this is going to be a tough one for me.

I’m the type of person that once I find something I am interested in in, I put everything I got into it to give it. Sometimes that hundred percent only last for a short time because I realize I’m really not into it. Then other things I’ll put everything I got into it then I will push everything else asside. A couple of those things would be guitar and furniture making.

So the real trouble for me is not getting into the project it’s the other things in life that get dropped that are important but they get neglected.

so at this moment my time boxing will actually be for things outside of the crypto universe. I’m going to spend 30 minutes a day reading books that are not related to crypto. The book I’m currently reading is 30 Days To Concealed Carry Confidence. I started it not too long ago but then put it on the back burner.

The other thing is my three kids. When I get into one of these things where I’m full hundred percent going for it, they’re the first ones I neglect. So I’m time boxing 10 minutes for each child.

I know I’m going to come back to this subject later just because I’m going to have to. when everything gets up and running the way I think it’s going to be up and running it’s going to be managing me if I don’t manage it. So the time boxing will come in handy. But right now I’m just going a hundred percent into it. It’s the rest of Life they have to worry about. I will organize the routine.