#B90X - DAY 4 - Who Inspires You?

b90x

I’m inspired by Tony Chester. He has dedicated his life’s efforts to Enlightenment of others. While he prefers to live a relatively modest lifestyle materially, he brings lifetimes of meditation practice, and the Light that results from that, to help people wake up to their larger Self. His selfless giving is an example of walking the talk and provides inspiration to many on a path of spiritual awakening.

people who inspire me are people who take a stand and make a positive impact to others.

I know it is a cliche answer but my Dad is my biggest inspiration. He started from nothing on his own and started selling anything he could get his hands on at flea markets when he was 18 and parlayed that into a belt buckle business that made him and my mom millionaires. At age 40 he decided that despite being set as far as money went, that he was going to pursue his dream to be in law enforcement and became the oldest person to complete the police academy, and worked as a homicide detective until he retired about 7 years ago. Even now he stays busy selling things on eBay. He taught me that no matter what it is never too late to pursue your dreams, and that you can surprise yourself and others if you just give things a shot. That’s why I’m here, and that is my inspiration every day.

Awesome man. It’s worth it. It’s worth emulating those you love! Keep it going all the way to the moon!

Quite a few people inspire me, but one that quickly comes to mind is Lindsey Stirling. Despite being eliminated on America’s Got Talent, she persevered and became a successful music artist and performer. A great illustration that hard, persistent work can have a positive outcome, and that there’s always going to be naysayers to be ignored. :slight_smile:

I have two friends that have inspired me and continue to do so.

My friend from Hong Kong is a lovely guy, very kind, generous and extremely disciplined. He works very hard, volunteers at soup kitchens and in sick kids’ hospitals and still has time to be there for his friends.

My current flatmate has been an inspiration to me this year. He left Ireland and has been working for himself and travelling for 3 years. He has shown me that it is possible and I would like to do this in the future. We were both looking for a project to get into when we decided to invest in crypto in August, it’s been quite the experience so far and we have learned so much.

Famous people that inspire me: Elon Musk (intelligent and driven), John Cleese (funny and philosophy), Dalai Lama (philosophy).

Awesome! Inspiration can be found everywhere!

People that have inspired me are;

1. Im a christian so no guesses there. The guy sitting on the moon :wink:
  2. Einstein - made difficult things very simple.
  3. Adam Koo - has a very simple way to explain stuff.

My 5 year old and her uncanny nack of dismantling anygting in a matter of seconds.

My science teacher when I was a youngster, I am mad on science and engineering and anything technical. I have had two line managers that have been amazing to.

Cheers

Just remembered one of the videos that inspired me to change me life and chase something else. It’s only 3mins and I highly recommend it if you haven’t seen it.

I showed it to all my secondary school students before moving to South America. I think it is very relevant because I’m hoping I won’t have to worry about money soon and I can focus on what I actually want to do with my life.

I just saw this extended version and I think it is very interesting relating cryptocurrency to Alan Watt’s views on power as well. John Cleese has an excellent book called “Life and how to survive it” and one of the many valuable things he mentions in it is that - People who are not in control of their own emotions try to control the behaviour of others. Reminds me of a certain person in crypto… Haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCFB4jSgTMw - extended version

Morad Askar (FuturesTrader71) continues to be an inspirational figure for me. This guy is a legit professional trader that has been giving back to the trading community for years now. He puts out tons of trading development content, and unlike many of the charlatans out there selling educational materials for trading, 1) this guy gives most of it away and 2) is an active successful trader. As one might expect, a good chunk of what makes a successful trader has to do with their psychological foundation. Here is a section from one of his webinars that talks about mindset and the transformative potential of embracing a growth mindset. This sort of thinking is so powerful as it can be applied not just to trading but any aspect of one’s development. https://youtu.be/Ak5hrg_WbYM?t=5m23s

Two people.

Derek Sivers who has a crazy story and an even better blog. His ability to keep things simple and entertaining inspires me.

Pieter Level, who did 12 startups in 12 months, because there’s no BS and he just figures things out on his own. This video is worth a watch.

The people who inspire me are anyone who is willing to take risks to achieve their goals.

There are a number of inspirational figures within my life. As most have stated, those figures have deep level of discipline, take calculated risks, use failure and learning opportunities, plan their work (hope is not a strategy), and surrounding them with themselves with people smarter than they are just to name a few. The following are a few of many… God and John Wooden.

Recently started listening to Darren Hardy’, DarrenDaily messages. He provides some pretty good material to kickoff your morning.

One of my favourite quotes:
“If you don’t risk anything, you risk missing out on everything”

Day 4 …my dad inspires me the most…he was a single dad and still worked hard and put us first …he has always been driven and kept his eye on the prize. he has his own business and still works as hard as he did wen he was 20yo. He has always made goals and crushed them… Best part is he is encouraging my crypto learning

Gary Vaynerchuk makes me want to dominate everything lol. In crypto world Charles from Cardano is pretty legit I loke his project and he seems to be in it for right reasons like Charlie Lee another legend :wink:

Like @Justin_Bosak said Gary Vaynerchuk is a massive inspiration through everything he has achieved and how he carries himself.

Gary’s non stop perseverance through the nitty gritty low points of the journey is what inspires me.

Many people. Too many to write here. However, what we can take away from them is their determination, dedication, persistence, and their ability to envision their future, and hold it tight until they get there.

Walden on Wheels is a self-deprecating travel memoir about a five-year period of my life when I dealt with student debt.

To pay off my $32,000 student debt with a useless liberal arts degree from the University at Buffalo, I move to a remote work camp in Coldfoot, Alaska, where I work as a maid, cook, and tour guide. Later, I hitchhike 5,500 miles across the continent, canoe across Ontario, Canada with “voyageurs” (people who live and dress like the 18th Century fur traders), work on a trail crew in Gulfport, Mississippi, and finally I head back up to Alaska, where I finish paying my debt off as a backcountry ranger in the Gates of the Arctic National Park.

When I get out of debt, and when I enroll in a graduate program at Duke University, inspired by Thoreau, I move into a 1994 Econoline Van – my “Walden on Wheels” – where I secretly live in a campus parking lot to stay out of debt, and where I put to use the many lessons about frugality and simplicity and adventure that I’d learned on my journey before. (taken from the Author Ken ilgunas)

The book reminds me of the journey I am beginning right now. The author was willing to do whatever it took. I truly encourage any and everyone to read this book. I am truly impressed by this individual who took control of his life financially. He used the tools that he had. No matter how rocky the road got he pushed on. Those things in his life that that could hold him back from reaching his goal he let it go. There was a sense of urgency about him to get out of debt. Just like there is a sense of urgency for me as well.

Thank you for sharing this. We must be willing to do whatever it takes.