Mission Statement defines your goals and your approach to reach them.
In a small way, a Mission Statement defines the specifics around how you will achieve a specific goal.
- It creates constraints/filters
- It creates focus/clarity
- It creates new behavior patterns
STARTING YOUR FIRST MISSION - 5 Questions
1 - What are the top 5+ things you enjoy doing the most? - Write them down
2 - What are the top 3 things you must do weekly to feel fulfilled in work and in life?
3 - What strengths have other people noticed in you? - You may need to ask around!
4 - What strengths do you see in yourself? - Write them down
5 - What bad habits do you KNOW you need to stop? - Write them down
NOW ASK YOURSELF A VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION:
- What do you REALLY WANT, RIGHT NOW?
I’ll tell you mine! - My current mission is to spread the good word of Bitcoin and blockchain technology to every corner of the globe.
Now filter this back through the 5 Questions. Does your mission:
- Include at least 1 of the top things you enjoy doing?
- Include at least 1 of the top 3 things you need to be fulfilled weekly?
- Include utilizing your strengths that people have noticed in you?
- Include strengths you know you have?
- Will my bad habits get in the way of my desired mission?