#b90x - DAY 6 - Eliminate Financial Waste Experiment!

b90x

I’m running pretty lean myself as well, I might eliminate the landline phone at home, and turn the ceiling fans off in the shop that run 24/7 (they just make the cars dusty anyway). Oh, and I’m not going to buy anymore golf stuff for a while.

Funny we’re covering finances today… I just went through our entire budget this past weekend. I cut out several things. A few paid apps, audible and stuff like that. They’re not necessary. Getting it down to the bare minimum. It’s not a whole lot of fun reviewing your finances. But you do need to sit down regularly and go over everything. Once you’ve nailed it all down, it feels so good. It’s easy to have a lot of wasted dollars that can go unnoticed for a while.

This is something I need to intentionally do on consistent basis. Switched over to physically writing it down to make it stick. Was using Mint app and excel but liking it be on paper better.

I keep pretty good track of my finances in terms of what I’ve got in the bank, I’m not quite as good when it comes to the monthly payments. Top of my head they would be, audible, storage unit, student loans (wish I could just eliminate that), patreon… I did let my prepaid xbox live run out as I don’t get on anymore so that is $50 a year I’m no longer paying, got to start somewhere.

My biggest waste in the whole perspective (not only) financial is to eliminate my worst enemy which recently got the name ATM.

The wife and I did our work and tallied up the fiat and the bills and we did a mental check of our debts and obligations and if we suffer no unexpected catastrophes then we’re golden. I was even able to get my coinbase deposit going for hopefully what will be Crypto Monday.

Last night after a few beers and chillin at the Bitcoin Pub and doing my #b90x 2018 Turkey Week Marathon. I decided I needed to do my Day 6 Experiment to Eliminate the Waste. I did an exercise and created a spreadsheet of all of the monthly bills and spreadsheets for the bank accounts and I balanced and reconciled for the month. My wife did the same for her bank account. We have decided to cut out the Direct TV satellite and switch to a different ISP plan. We are going to cut out Netflix and Hulu subscriptions and look for another option. Mabe, we’ll take a look at Youtube TV. The wife and I been having some heated discussions lately about our spending decisions, and our cash flow, debt, and just a knowing status of where we stand in the whole scheme of things. We’re living paycheck to paycheck, and I have been feeling the FOMO because we haven’t had the cash to make my DCA purchases and as many of you know it has been like Crypto Black Friday all week, and I ain’t had no money to move over to my coinbase pro.

Hit ell unite honestly my wife @Rosalie ontrols our budget and does an amazing job I might add. But Peter I feel yeah I used to smoke, drink alcohol, and drink coffee,and Tea no more. My preppier personality d spending habit is financed by surveys and stuff on line vis PayPal and varied gift cards. So soda pop which is a blessed luxury for me of any brand. And needs some up my ithdraws on the house hold budget. Even my pre ious Metals I get for retirement are from net based income.
Richard

So, we actually did this a couple months before xmas. The wife said she is going to calm down on energy drinks, she does about one a day, I no longer buy coffee out already so have to keep that going and my wife gave up smoking for Christmas and is going strong on that. But going to double check and take anything off we can!!!

I eliminated my biggest financial waste 51 days ago. Now is time to focus on those smaller things.