#B90X - DAY 65 - A Boring Life - Never Give Up

b90x

Remind myself to not give up:
Don’t give up my health and go back to smoking, dippin’ or chewin’.
Don’t give up on life and seek chemical happiness.
Don’t give up on relationships and become a recluse.
Don’t give up self-improvement, someone needs my help.
Don’t give up my spiritual life, hitting bottom once is enough.

Given up on:
Playing a musical instrument – no artistic genes in this body.
Sports/athletics - separated shoulder problem.

Must begin again:
Contact people to put together real estate deals again.
Learn to take and utilize some leisure time with family.
Better organize my time.

When I hear about a boring life I think of David Bowie’s quote,” I don’t know where I’m going from here, but I promise it won’t be boring.”
david-bowie-king-of-pop-rock

When I hear about “never give up” I think about the part of Winston Churchhill’s high school commencement address in 1941 that says, “…never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” With the Nazi’s trying to destroy the Brits, they had to get serious about “never give up”.
Winston%20Churchill !

I also have a visual of that frog throttling that stork that is trying to swallow him.
neverevergiveup-5in

DAY 65 – Review, adjust, rinse and repeat…:bitrocket:

I must remind myself not to give up on my mission, Getting that ticket to the moon (getting one whole bitcoin). It is a monumental task from where I stand. There are moments of doubt. But then I see the things that I am doing to get it are going to continue after it is gotten and I will have a thriving business to get me out of the job I do not like any longer.

I used to love building furniture, until I got a job as a carpenter. Its too bad, I was getting good at it too. After 50 hours of working as a carpenter, working with wood is not appealing.

I need to reinvigorate my body. I’m getting older, and certain joints are wearing down. Its causing issues. I need to get into physical therapy, but, unfortunately out of my budget.

What I want to begin again is playing guitar. Sadly, the pain from playing causes issue with being able to work as a carpenter, which puts food on the table. I hope to change that in the future

We could encourage each other, to go back to music! I miss drums so much.

I must remind myself not to “give up” when I am tired. We all wish we had more time in the day, however I sometimes push things back when I am limited on time, and if I end up pushing it back far enough, I start saying “i just don’t have time for that”.

My problem I have is things I start, pack so many “i want to add this and this and this” to my plate and I take a bite bigger bite than I can chew, and if I miss one, then that one seems to get dropped first. If you go to the “I’m skinny as Fuck” thread you will see how day 1 motivated! However taking on Alpha class, b90x, other items… I flooded my time and had no budget for my time at all. I was throwing many hours of things to be done with my few hours that I actually had. I stuck with Alpha and B90x as these two are my life changers, and have essentially reduced my dedication (though I am still slightly active) updating ISAF thread.

I must dedicate time to Timeboxing and sticking with the plans. There is always other things we would love to do, and yes they can be important, but we must find out what we NEED to do. Alpha class is essentially over and now we are doing continuation videos. B90x is Almost over so when it is, I can dedicate that time for something else. But I NEED to know how much time I have to budget for what I need to get done. I’ve been working more at work to because life does get in the way sometimes, but I want to timebox so I can leave when I need to to complete other task. Get home earlier, free up time to edit the videos I have recorded for my Alpha continuation course and crush it. I also should timebox how long I have to write a response, but I like to deep thought this as you can see where you need to improve. We are almost done with B90x anyways, so that will free up a good chunk for sure!

Shower and bedtime now. Night.
-rnwCorgi

I have to remind myself not to give up daily. I agree that it would be nice to have more free time. I have my time boxes adjusted so that I have some but its a small percentage. That is where the vision and mission keep me facing in the direction I am going.
I miss playing tennis. But now that I have a workout routine it has kind of taken the place of tennis. :tennis:

Transitioning from preparing for action to actually doing action it’s been a struggle to do the good habits of preparation and doing.

Not giving up is daily struggle, for what I’m struggling not giving up on varies but there always seems to be that battle of self and will.

I have listened to this video 4 times over the last 3 days and I’m still not sure how to answer these questions. Though the situation that I’m currently in has required me to delay things, I still take daily steps, be it small steps, toward my goals. Moving towards my goals have been one of the things that has helped me endure. The only thing that I think I’ve given up is my ability to have fun but I’m working to change that. :blush: