#B90X - DAY 66 - Facing Resistance

b90x

I don’t really have many possible distractions where I do my work since I don’t have a new cellphone with social media, and don’t check my email from this computer. I try to only keep relevant tabs open in my browser while working, but sure sometimes I’ve switched tabs for a while if I get stuck with whatever I’m doing.
My biggest never ending distraction is fatigue. It slows me down and at first I don’t even think about it, until I catch myself dozing off and know that I need to stand up for a while. If I don’t take short breaks every now and then I can be working nonstop without getting very much done. Starting now I’m going to try working standing up at all times at least until after lunch and see if I get less fatigued.

my b, watched the video and thought I did the exercise- follow up on day 67!

Distraction is definitely my phone I help reduce this by hiding my apps in a folder on the second page and have notifications off. :joy:

while I work at home no I’m too busy for the internet. at my job I do use my cell phone all the time.

I make tons of notes all the time but not my resistances. never thought to do that. but phone calls are my biggest distraction. its hard to get started just to hear my cell go off and someone else wants me to look at there car stopping what im doing. Its so hard to start working just to be pulled off the job in 20 to 30 min. I just want a hour of peace and quiet to get shit done lol.

I faced a disruption today from my wife… we had a good talk nonetheless than when in my zone I don’t want to be disrupted. Have also decided to wake up an hour early then everyone else. Thanks for this.

@peter this is different than being narrow minded or having a tunnel vision, right?

The experiment is quite interesting. Everyone nowadays seem to be connected to the internet. We work, take breaks and do daily activities all on the interwebs.

I believe of cell phone and/or mobile devices are the death of us all. Thread lightly folks, that which makes our lives easier can also make our lives doomed!

Also, I too deal with the constant email problems. Weeding out all the junk versus real work emails can be hassle. One day, we hopefully won’t need to use email. lol

Weeding out shit is the name of the game.

Spartans knew what they were doing when they focused their energy and attention. You also see it with special forces teams. A really good book I just read on this subject was “The War of Art: Break through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles” by Steven Pressfield

The neighbours dogs barking all the fucking time!!!
So today I bit the bullet and complained to the council.

Absolutely. I know exactly what you mean man.

Distracted me today:
Cell phone
Crypto markets
Discord

It’s true, that resistance factor and destructions, which as @Trilamanila said before, is that mobile.

When I will be back from the gym I need definitely check working without internet connection. I’m curious how long I last. :slight_smile:

My distractions were:

Twitter
Discord
Crypto market
Impatient assholes

Coworker Ryan
Caffeine
Wife texting
Wanting to open all emails vs. knocking them out one by one. :slight_smile:

My main distraction is my phone, I call it my 11th finger. Mainly work stuff but Oh Gawwwd that 11th finger keeps me distracted. :cryingjordan:

Like the tale of the two shoe salesman, It’s all about perspective.

Well, we all know that you are not you when you are hungry.

I was time boxing as well, the beginning was easy but I slowly started doing it less and less. I gotta get back on that horse real quickk.

I am the CEO of a small company and go nuts from e-mails and calls. I would love to read your update whenever you post it. Thanks for sharing :+1:

I have been following the process and it has been working really well. It is hard to change the habit, but I have muted my email notifications and set “urgent” flags for certain people and subjects. Generally, I use email subject Rules/filters for “Urgent”, “Hot”, “Important”, etc… The rest sit in my inbox until my administrative Time Box. I tell my team to either Skype or Text me if there is anything that can’t wait. We have gotten used to this and I feel even more efficient without the sidewards interruptions. The difficult part is training those outside my group that emails will not be responded to immediately, but I have found that my replies are better thought out and provide better value when I am only focusing on those emails, so the recipient has a better outcome for their patience. As always, there is a balance and each situation needs to be evaluated on a case by case basis. For example, there are cases and people where waiting to respond would negatively impact my career, so I am cautious to glance over periodically to make sure those are cared for.