#B90X - DAY 66 - Facing Resistance

b90x

Like the tale of the two shoe salesman, It’s all about perspective.

Well, we all know that you are not you when you are hungry.

I was time boxing as well, the beginning was easy but I slowly started doing it less and less. I gotta get back on that horse real quickk.

I am the CEO of a small company and go nuts from e-mails and calls. I would love to read your update whenever you post it. Thanks for sharing :+1:

I have been following the process and it has been working really well. It is hard to change the habit, but I have muted my email notifications and set “urgent” flags for certain people and subjects. Generally, I use email subject Rules/filters for “Urgent”, “Hot”, “Important”, etc… The rest sit in my inbox until my administrative Time Box. I tell my team to either Skype or Text me if there is anything that can’t wait. We have gotten used to this and I feel even more efficient without the sidewards interruptions. The difficult part is training those outside my group that emails will not be responded to immediately, but I have found that my replies are better thought out and provide better value when I am only focusing on those emails, so the recipient has a better outcome for their patience. As always, there is a balance and each situation needs to be evaluated on a case by case basis. For example, there are cases and people where waiting to respond would negatively impact my career, so I am cautious to glance over periodically to make sure those are cared for.

Wow, it sounds like you got it down!
I really appreciate you taking the time to follow up on this.
You are right that you can’t treat every situation the same because every situation is different and there can be factors that we sometimes don’t see coming or missed and that can have an great impact on us and others, good or bad.

Thanks for sharing!

I get distracted easily.
If I’m working I will often look at the news, mostly rugby news. The neighbours dog barking!

Yesterday my main resistance was waking up immediately when my brain did. This is something I am still working on.

Had no interuptions sailing a boat in open waters getting beaten by rough weather with no internet for 5 days and got to read some if the books iv been meaning want to for a while and spent some time to self contemplate of the next moves in life

Pain is pleasure

I go through waves, I’m always more productive when I do it but I keep slacking off until my productivity drops and then I start doing it again.

I feel ya man. Gotta focus on that execution!
I still struggle with it too. It is easier to time box for work and important stuff but personal stuff I seem to have the most problem doing it. We can do it!

I work construction, so anything that stops my hands from moving will slow me down. I listen to you tubers while working and every time there’s a commercial, I have to skip past it. That slows my time down. However, since my work has become second nature, I use the time to learn something new. Love the content!

A very simple subject, but not one easily mastered.
Cellphone texts, wife’s honey-dos, email, advertising and the distracting human interest links on the internet. One minute I am checking my email and before I know it I’m off on some subject such as “60 Groovey Pictures That Show More Than They Should”

DAY 66 – Must focus on end benefit…if I really want to get there. :trophy:

Today had distractions but I’d say one was def worth it. So lets start:

Texting: I really only got distracted by 1 person texting today. My buddy from the Marine Corps hit me up this morning when I got to work and we check in every once in a while but it had been a bit longer between chats this time. So we talked about what has happened lately, changes and what not and he mentioned he was in school again for Computer Engineering and programming. He mentioned he was tired working at his current job and so he wanted to learn more in depth about programming and how he built a few apps and had fun doing it. Being one of the only tech guys I served with (in my direct field/shop), I asked if he had been involved in Bitcoin. He replied “Nah, was too late to get in on it. What about you?” I explained to him that I had been in for a little while, but that it was definitely NOT too late. Talked to him quite a bit today explaining the basics, sent him all the wonderful material and such we have (10daysofbitcoin, b90x, pub, cryptoyum, etc) and told him about Yen and what Peter and John were creating. He thought it was awesome and I explained how he could use his programming skills to really create the living he wanted. He told me he’s spent all day among the websites and wanted to participate in the beta class. I’ll have to make sure if he made an account already on here. But yeah, besides distracting me in the morning, I think it was worth it to talk about it with him and I can’t wait to see what he brings to the table.

Discord: I got on for a little bit, and made a @CryptoMom meme :joy:

Work: That’s right! WORK! I spent so much time trying to replace all the vacuum lines today on a car that it was a resistance in itself. Getting frustrated, cutting myself, both multiple times… mini breaks were needed and the thing still has issues another shop says they fixed and never did. So still working on that turd.

This exercise was a bit of a nightmare.
At my day job, I am continually interrupted.
I am in charge of laminating, It is not glorious, but it is the start the entire chain of events that produces cabinets.
When drafters and listers make errors, it is not found out until later. Then the parts that were missed or listed incorrectly have to be laminated, but at that time I am off to other tasks, and have to stop what I am doing to get that under control.
If someone drops a part and it gets damaged, it has to be redone.
If paperwork is not dispersed properly, what should have been done does not get done until someone notices the missing items. Then it is an emergency
These are situations cannot be ignored, as not taking care of things now interrupts the supply chain of the entire shop.
It is very frustrating as there is little I can to prevent and stop the interruptions.
My ability to roll with the punches and shift gears fast comes into play but it is not the best way to operate…

Then on the home front, where I am really putting my crypto lifestyle in place, I am continually interrupted by children, dogs, cats, wife, house, neighbors, etc. Some things I can prevent, and others I cannot.
When my child is wrapped around a telephone pole in regards to quadratic equations I have to stop and sort out what needs to be sorted out so she can understand. I am lucky in that regard, I can do most high level math in my head. (sorry for messing up the bell curve for all my class mates)

The point is, most interruptions in my universe cannot be pushed away. only some. It is frustrating.
And the biggest interruption going on right now is my day job is making me go to 12 hour days, so when I come home, I am so exhausted I can barely make progress on my crypto life.

I know that these are the growing pains, but …errrrr:rage:

Resistance is a bitch for sure. I had to start turning off notifications on my phone when I exercise. I would be in the middle of a set and get 10 discord notifications pop up and cut my music out. So I fixed that. I spend so much time at work which keeps me from getting distracted. I can’t work with a phone in hand so that is a non issue. Which makes me think that work may be the biggest resistant bear in the forest. :rofl: I often wonder how many things I could get done if I had all that time. One day I will have that problem to solve and I know the resistance will be following along. That will be the real test. :beers:

Much of my work currently requires the internet.Some things online do distract me while working but I think my main distractions come from people around me. I’m not saying spending time with anyone of them is a distraction, but there are moments in which they are distracting and this comes from many different people. Sometimes resistance comes from the the body or mind be tired or heavy, sometimes the internet connection is running exceptionally slow, and I’m sure there are plenty of others.

Looking forward to trying writing down resistances that popup throughout a day and see what I get.

ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO LEARN thank you will help my exams and work

Resistance is seductive. One of my restiance been having is copyright issues with my YouTube and having YouTube channel deleted did with Cohort. But instead of just being down about it have to meet it with aggressive action build with what I got.

I can see i face multiple distractions, being my mobile, social media and friends want to catch up or do something. I tend to sit down to work and not too long after I find myself thinking about my phone, i would usually pick it up and have a look at Instagram or snapchat for basically no reason.

Now I’ve decided to leave my phone in another room, this way i’ll me fully focused on the task at hand. It’s great to be conscious of what distracts you.