#B90X - DAY 71 - Amateur's Live in the Past

I’m too focused on doing what I can in the present so that the future will be that which I shape it to live in the past.

3 Likes

I really don’t have time to live in the past. I have learned a lot from my past but I am really to focused on what I can get done today to accomplish things for the future. I think the closes I come to living in the past is talking with my kids about what they did as babies or stories about me as a learning tool for them so they don’t make the same mistakes, hopefully.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I have never been one to dwell on the past. That water under the bridge can’t be brought back. Live for today. Work for the future.

3 Likes

Hello Peter , thank you for these videos, you are a wise man, and I’m grateful you share your wisdom with us. Today was a hard day, I HAD a great paying job and lived in SF and find myself daydreaming about it at times. Today I begrudgingly DCA and found myself dragging my feet about it and dreaming of the future. I’ll close my laptop now and meditate.
cheers-

2 Likes

Well, today:

• I’m holding back from getting the next job as last time I took some high chances, but my expectations were thrown to dust after 1 year. So now I’m just less willing to accept any offer and I’m also looking for more stability.

• I’ve enrolled into a 7 week online program, but I’ve fallen behind with my assignments during last week when I was travelling. As more stuff piles up to be done I’m losing momentum. The extra stuff that should have been done in the past also takes away some of my focus.

• My lack of “expertise” in relationships prevents me from getting to know new people and form new relationships, as well as from maintaining current relationships. I think is something I avoid because I feel like a loser in that area.

1 Like

Time to put on that smile and engage!

1 Like

I somehow skipped this one.
At my job, the futility of actions taken before keeps me from being proactive on issues in the future. It is like speaking to a wall, then falling into the exact issue I was trying to avoid.

1 Like

I am no longer living in the past and anyone or anything that was holding me back I let them go. Right now I am living in the present and taking it day by day. No point of looking behind you when your not even going in that direction.

1 Like