#b90x - DAY 8 - What are you Consuming?

b90x

Now I’m reading “Mastering Bitcoin, programming the open Blockchain” of Andreas M. Antonopoulos. It’s great!!

You’ve got a great list my friend!

…RIP Craig Mack.

~= moxie =~

How was the myth of addiction?

I want to bookmark this.

@peter
@john

Is bookmarking possible?

Maloney’s book educated me on money and currency. Got me into Silver. Then from silver to cryptos in 2013.

Michael Maloney (2012) to Bix Weir to Tai Zen to Peter Saddington.

That is my crypto family tree.

yeah. just hit the ... and then this:

bookmarking is built-in!

A little too technical for my liking. His other book “drugspeak” is even worst.
Great ones have been “addiction is a choice” “heavy drinking” “the freedom model” “ceremonial chemistry” and pretty much everything by Stanton Peele.
I’m about to start “helplessness” by Seligman but first I need to finish “more revealed” by Ken Ragge (I read the second edition titled “the real AA” but this one is over twice the size. A lot was cut out of the first edition). I’m also going through “tricks of the mind” by Derren Brown

Thank you!
Of the ones you like how would you order them in terms of priority?

Ceremonial Chemistry sounds interesting to me. How was that for you?

Thanks,
John

I was on my phone. Found it 2 mins later.
I appreciate your time to answer.
Thanks,
John

It really depends on what you’re looking for.
For someone looking to adjust their substance use I would recommend “the freedom model”
For someone looking to understand the place drugs take in our society I would recommend “ceremonial chemistry”
For someone who wants to learn more about AA & why it’s not helpful “the real AA”
The others are mostly books that go deeper into the info provided in “the freedom model”
There’s also Dr Carl Hart’s “high price” but I didn’t like it much (more of an autobiography).That said, I highly recommend his website & looking at his stuff on youtube. He really gets into the science of choice when it comes to substance use.

I read Plutocrats,very interesting book,plutocrats live in a completely different world and function differently than what I assumed prior to reading the book.

Love this #b90x “bite” and this thread. I’m looking forward to trolling all the past posts (an advantage of coming in late to the party) and picking up lots of great ideas for books. I’m mostly interested in the non-crypto suggestions…books about life, goals and discipline in general.

I was a day trader years back. I believe I still have 50+ books on trading that I accumulated back then. I should have many of the classics. I’ve gotta crawl around under my house and find them. I’m going to pick a few books that I already have from that pile to add to my list. One book I really want to find is Nison’s candlestick book. I’ll also re-read some of the classic “discipline” books.

I’m thinking maybe I should offer to pass these books along to others to read. I would ask that someone read the book and then either get it back to me or pass it along to someone else with my info for eventual return. I’d love it if a book came back after a dozen readers had made use of it! Don’t be surprised if I post a “Steve’s pubic trading library” list.

Do it. Make the list!

Just a week ago I finished “Taking Flight!” by Merrick Rosenberg & Daniel Silvert. The book focuses on four styles (or personalities) that we deal with on a daily basis such as; dominant, interactive, supportive, and conscientious (DISC). The book focuses on how we deal with the personalities in our personal and professional lives, while we get to know our own. This book provides a deep, yet simple explanation of the importance of understanding our selves and others around us to accomplish any task.

Next, I will be reading Stephen Hawking’s “The Grand Design.” I read this book back when it was first released, and I thought it was worth reading again now since he recently past away.

Damn, I don’t have patience to read books. Not sure why? LOL
Love me some audio books though, however, I will read this book, which was recommended by a good friend.

I have to agree though that with all these YouTube clips, media FUD’ing is bad for the health. Consuming good quality material will set our minds at ease!

thank you for the recommendation i will purchase this book. will be my 1st crypto book

I PURCHASED my 1st crypto books internet of money and mastering bitcoin.

currently reading Psycho cybernetics- maxwell malts

Be a free range human- marrianne cantwell= living life on your terms
7 habits of of highly effective people- Stephen r. covey= good self development book
Rich dad poor dad- robert kiyosaki= good read for wanting to break away from the 9-5job and own your business.

Currently reading