#b90x - DAY 8 - What are you Consuming?

b90x

how was it?
I am planning to buy this.

I am finishing my last semester so I am studying, but I am reading on my way to class for leisure. The one I am going to start Monday is The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons.

The Mental Game of Baseball HA Dorfman. not a crypto book, but definitely great insight into mindset and performance

Im currently reading a few books the Internet of Money 2nd Ed. (crypto related) and the Art of Passing the Buck Vol I (non crypto related) we read them at scheduled times as a family. Crypto Kidz was an ebook that wet my beak in the crypto world and i cut my teeth on Mastering Bitcoin (printed it out and marked that bad boy up) The Art of Passing the Buck Vol I & II are amazing reads (Vol II is a little pricey but def worth it) I have an Ace of Club PRC guys what can i say i love to read lol…so much decentralized tv has me speaking like Peter.

Whats your favorite book to recommend to people?

Check that!

I have read nothing but medicine related books the last decade of my life. I would really love to start reading for leisure and more into crypto currency books. It looks like the internet of money is a good start. I’m a big nerd and love fantasy/sci-fi. Anyone have any good recommendations in that genre that’s a nice light read.

I am currently reading Cryptoassets: The Innovative Investor’s Guide to Bitcoin and Beyond by Chris Burniske and Jack Tatar.

Uuugggghhh… Day 8 is probably the worst for me so far… I don’t read books. The only books I read are technical manuals. There seems to be a lot of great suggestions in this thread, I may see if I can locate a good one on audio books to listen to in the car. I just can not sit down and read a book, it drives me nuts to be trying to read thinking I could be doing more productive stuff… I can’t explain it, it’s just how my mind is… but, I am trapped in the car driving so that might be a good place to get a “book” in. Thanks.

I’ve always enjoyed a good book. I picked up Dostoyevsky‘s Crime & Punishment in the 5th grade and read the entire book. I like to find good Nat Geo articles because there is always a diverse selection of good current information to be acquired in those pages. At the moment I’m in 3 books that are not required textbooks for my courses. Anyways, the last book I recently read that is remotely relevant to financial/economics was The Post-American World by Fareed Zakaria, for a Political Science class. The book gives a lot of statistical information about the world economy and the shifting tides of hegemonic superpowers to be.

Any recommendations for a good book on crypto/Blockchain? Something that does not read like an instructional manual, but will provide good information?

to be honest, not reading any book yet, although had purchased lot of books and are awaiting my time.
Need to reschedule my day and start with book reading now… !!

Will start with Mindset and then Andreas books…!!

I am reading the Internet of Money. I have started reading a couple whitepapers a night.

I read a LOT of books.
And listen to a LOT of audiobooks and podcasts.
Most recent books in my audible just listened to in the last month are:
The Odyssey (by Homer)
Meditations (of Marcus Aurelius)
The Tao of Seneca
SuperIntelligence
Master Your Winning Edge
Crytocurrency: 4 books in 1
The End of Money
A Survival Guide for Life
The Power of Habit
Blockchain Revolution
The New Age of Cryptocurrency
The Fast Diet

Well I don’t read a lot, last book I listened to was the Creature from Jekyll Island.

I did order a book a few days ago. Looking for something just to inspire me to create and invent and get ideas flowing in my head again.

Not much of a reader but ill maybe 
     start with the audio book version of

Any recommendations on books for 
     retaining info and how to learn?

The Art Of People by: David Kerpen was the last book I read… Ok, listened to. It was an audio book. But that counts!! it’s about dealing with people, interacting and, getting what you want/need from them. It’s more geared towards “white collar” but I have been able to use some of the techniques in my “blue collar” job, especially dealing with my bosses. And honestly I can tell the difference.

For example when you greet someone, and they ask how you are doing. Answer “fantastic”. Sounds dumb I know, but when you do that, you immediately grab their attention, and you can see them wonder “what’s got this guy in such a great mood?!” And they are drawn in. Because people are so conditioned to hear “good, ok, been better and, not too bad”. Try it for a day and you’ll see the difference.

I would definitely recommend this book. It opens up your eyes to various ways to communicate!

Tim Ferris - Tribe of Mentors

I am re-reading Fooled by Randomness by Nicholas Nassim Taleb => is all that FOMO & FUD just noise? Are we retrofitting a narrative to BTC historic price?

Am expecting delivery of Mastering Bitcoin 2e by Andreas Antonopoulos tomorrow, already read chpt 1 in Kindle

I like the “you are what you eat” idea. I read a lot of articles and I read stupid reddit, but there’s a lot of junk out there which is so short term focused. The truth is I haven’t read a book in a long time, but I’m going to think about a book to read. I like history and I like learning about other cultures and countries. Maybe I can find a book that deals with global economics in our contemporary world. I’m open to suggestions. Thanks.

Just finished “the myth of addiction” (I work in the substance abuse field). Starting “the internet of money”.
On the list are “from zero to one” and “the starfish and the spider”.

I have not read any books about crypto, bitcoin and blockchain, but am currently looking into a few and will read through this thread to look for suggestions. I love reading books where I can learn from them.

The most recent books I have read:
Currently reading 'The Alchemist’
And over the past couple months I have read:
Man’s search for meaning
Peoples History of the United States
Unscripted
The Stranger
Black Edge