#b90x - DAY 8 - What are you Consuming?

b90x

Right now I’m reading Scarcity the New Science of Having Less and How it Defines Our Lives

It’s all a mindset and how so much of our motivations are influenced on a near subconscious level.

Now i am reading asia fantasy books on internet, some of them got english name :Absolute Choice, Moonlight Scultor, The experimental log of crazy Lich, Runing away from heroe. It come with new chapters everyday. I am fan of fantasy european book too for example i like The Ender’s Game orson scott. Weber books. Us few John Ringo. The hobbits. Jim butcher fantasy-criminal, etc etc i can go on whole day. One of reason i self learn english (beside game) was to read Harry Potter earlier in english version. Now i am considering to learn korean, chinese and japanese to read those book earlier too :slight_smile:

I’m currently into

Man’s search for meaning is my favorite book. A must read for everyone.

“Relentless” Tim Grover
Awesome book!

Millionaire Fastlane- MJ DeMarco

Recently read

The Starfish and the Spider: The Unstoppable Power of Leaderless Organizations

Reading

The Precariat: The New Dangerous Class

Dream Hoarders: How the American Upper Middle Class Is Leaving Everyone Else in the Dust, Why That Is a Problem, and What to Do About It

I’m not a huge reader, I travel a lot for work and it’s lead me to read more magazines than books (Entrepreneur, Muscle Fitness subscriptions) .

Books I read were sort-of job-related. I manage a team of field reps, so the last book I read was: How Successful People Lead by John Maxwell. It’s a good book to understand the different levels of leadership and how to master each level in order to move on to the next.

I a few days ago I purchased The 7 habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey. I hope to finish this book in a couple weeks.

My next book will be something tailored to Bitcoin or Blockchain.

Just purchased Insider Buy: Superstocks, and currently reading The Age of Cryptocurrency as well as Cheap: The High Cost of Discount Culture.

White papers and the 10 day bitcoin email. I’m also trying to learn to be more savvy on exchanges.

My place to read books is scribd I pay the annual membership and I have access to unlimited books. The way it works is you can read 3 books a month from the entire library and you can read all the books that the editor is recommending that month. Personally, I’m starting to read books about trading and cryptos. If you are interested you can join here https://es.scribd.com/g/52ntct and you’ll get two months for try it free of charge. In case you decide to keep the membership I’ll get a free month. :slight_smile:

Most successful people credit reading, in some capacity, as a factor in their success.

From http://www.businessinsider.com

A young Elon Musk read for 10 hours each day before growing up to become Tesla CEO.
Bill Gates

The former Microsoft CEO has attested to reading 50 books a year, or roughly one book a week.

Most of the books are non-fiction dealing with public health, disease, engineering, business, and science.

Every now and then he’ll breeze through a novel (and sometimes in one sitting late into the night). But primarily the books serve Gates’ interest in learning more about the world he inhabits.

Mark Zuckerberg

In 2015, the Facebook CEO vowed to read one book every other week “with an emphasis on learning about different cultures, beliefs, histories and technologies,” he wrote in a Facebook post.

“Books allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today,” he wrote. “I’m looking forward to shifting more of my media diet towards reading books.”

Oprah Winfrey

Since 1996, the veteran talk-show host has been advising her viewers’ reading habits with Oprah’s Book Club. Winfrey has called reading “her personal path to freedom.”

“Books allowed me to see a world beyond the front porch of my grandmother’s shotgun house,” she said in her acceptance speech for the 2004 United Nations Humanitarian Awards, adding that books gave her “the power to see possibilities beyond what was allowed at the time.”

Mark Cuban

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is a vocal supporter of treating business like a sport, which means he looks for the competitive edge however he can.

Often, that means reading for three hours every day, just to learn more about the industries he works in. Cuban has said this worked wonders at the start of his career.

“Everything I read was public,” he wrote in his blog’s Success and Motivation Series. “Anyone could buy the same books and magazines. The same information was available to anyone who wanted it. Turns out most people didn’t want it.”

David Rubenstein

Rubenstein, billionaire cofounder of the private equity firm The Carlyle Group, reportedly reads up to eight newspapers a day and six books a week.

The philanthropist chalks up his extraordinary ability to a laserlike sense of focus.

“From early on, I’ve been pretty driven,” he told The Baltimore Sun in 2010.

Phil Knight

According to The New York Times, the Nike founder kept the library behind his executive office so sacred that anyone who entered had to remove their shoes and bow.

When asked by the Times in 2007 if he’d preserved the library after stepping down as CEO three years prior, Knight responded with incredulity.

“Of course the library still exists,” he said. “I’m always learning.”

I’m listening to “Bobos in Paradise” right now on audible and for night time bedtime reading I’m working on “1Q84” by Haruki Murakami

Right now…

Conceptual Physics
An Introduction To Statistical Learning
Ray Dalio’s Principles

Clearly I am wasting money on that education thing.

This may be my new favorite thread! I have at the very least added 99% of the books on here to an amazon list just so I have a wide selection to pick from in the future. I am currently finishing a for fun read, The Terranauts. Big fan of listening in the car, it turns wasted time into productive time :grin:

Have recently read, listened:
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius (have listened to multiple times)
White Trash: The 400-Year Untold History of Class in America by Nancy Isenberg
The Clockwork Universe by Edward Dolnick
The Business Blockchain by William Mougayar (a little to ecstatic about ETH but still good for beginners)
The Five Element of Effective Thinking by Brian Troxell
The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli (have listened to multiple times) from city state Italy era
All Quiet on the Western Front by Enrich Maria remarque
The Prince of Tides by Frank Muller
The Life We Bury by Elizabeeth Wein
The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying up by Marie Kondo

And of course there is more but didn’t want to make this too long. Happy reading, listening and learning everyone!!!

The Internet of Money - Andreas Antonopoulous

I am reading Dave Ramsey “Financial Peace”. A little dated but a good read.

Next on the list is “The 8th Habit” by Stephen Covey

Great topic considering the age of opinions we’re in. I do believe in the saying that we are influenced by the 5 closest people around us. TO level up you need to find smarter friends/mentors and learn from “heavy books” as Peter puts it. Great video.

Need to pick up sapiens.

Newest book is Tribe of Mentors by FERRIS, really good. A classic of mine is the tao, still need to get through Marcus Aurelius Meditations. Also need to re-read competition demystified.

Edit: I forgot the book - Essentialism by GM. Just saw Day 9 :smiley: LOL reading @peters mind.

Most recently finished up “The 48 Laws of Power.” Pretty scary stuff, but very cool. One of my FAVORITE ones to read (that I read pretty frequently) is “The Handbook to Higher Consciousness” by Ken Keyes. Highly recommend. It’s an oldie, but a goodie. Has helped me in many ways.

Everyone seems to be recommending The Internet of Money. Guess I’ll have to check that one out!

Took your advice Peter and researched fundamental/starter books into Blockchain and Crpytocurrency, decided to go with “The Internet of Money” by Andreas Antonopoulos and after will delve into his second volume which covers Bitcoin in depth from a technical standpoint as well, so definitely time to dig in and expand on from University of Youtube :joy: Thank goodness for the Pub :beers:

Previously I was reading Meditations by Marcus Aurelius, and before that was reading “The last Wish” totally unrelated to Crypto but mostly because Im a Witcher geek :joy:

I am finishing reading: “Cryptocurrency Investing Bible: The Ultimate Guide…” by Alan T. Norman. I picked it up on amazon looking at content and reviews and it has been pretty informative from a begginers point of view. Learned few things :slight_smile:
I did buy recently “Mastering Bitcoin” from Andreas Antronopoulos (I love this guys chats and the way he speaks. He is so inspiring!!!) but I havent started it yet. The fact that I am reading reviwes all over stating that is pretty technical kind of pusses me away from it… and I might buy and read before “The internet of Money” .

I know is not a book but I have been reading lately lots of articles on Medium (about cryptos mainly). Great stuff and different points of view