#B90X - DAY 80 - Top Daily Habits #1 - Wake Up Immediately

b90x

I’m an intermittent faster, I also fast during moon cycles (3-7 days). Your stomach is your body’s second brain! So i give it time to do it’s brain thing instead of digesting all the time. Made a big difference in my energy level and clarity of mind! Mood too! The bulk of your dopamine and serotonin are produced in your stomach!

Let’s do it! There’s plenty of time to sleep when I die :slight_smile: Right now, its time to work.

Learned to that back in the day with the Charles Atlas course (the one on the back of comic books LoL). Been doing it pretty much ever since. Wakeup, Tai Chi, shower, and go…

I used to be absolutely terrible at getting up. When I was in my teens I would sleep until 3 PM during the weekends since I had to wake up before 7 AM on weekdays, so I was exhausted on Saturday.

Around the time I started working out again I tried keeping a set time when I would wake up. I set the alarm at 10 AM and was not allowed to snooze. After a while I changed it to 9, then 8, 7:30, 7, and now I get up at 6 AM every day. As soon as I get up I drink a glass of water, go to the bathroom and then go for a quick run. When I get back I do some breathing exercises and yoga, and finish with a cold shower.

Despite setting the alarm at 6 AM, I always seem to wake up around 5-5:30, and then I lie there waiting for the alarm. I could easily get up at that point, but I’m not sure if that’s the best thing for my body, after reading many times that you need 7-8 hours of sleep for the muscles to properly rebuild after doing heavy weight training. I usually don’t get in bed before midnight so 6 hours feels like the bear minimum. I will try to get in bed an hour earlier and then get up before the alarm goes off from now on.

Before I had my baby and a different job that was 3-11 definitely would wake up around 12 since 11 meant beginning of my day to me to binge watch shows ect. Ever since had a baby and a new job definitely been waking up around 5:30 everyday but still guilty of taking that extra 30 minute if get up to early.

hmmmm. Interesting. well I kinda do this. I haven’t set an alarm in 2 years now. I get up between 4 am or 7:30 am sometimes I get shit done other times I sit there meditate or read a book till I have to go to work. but I could be way more productive. I have thought about getting stuff done at home with that time. I think I will start that and see if that helps for sure. good inspiration peter.

I love this especially the count down. Honestly its something I have trouble with. I actually dont have problem sleeping late… I can stay awake till 3am…I will commit to doing this. Thanks again. Its been an amazing run.

This is one of my wife’s pet peeves, I always wake up early and energetic, I guess I have the old-man syndrome, LoL. So I take care of my little twinkies in the morning, get coffee, and fire up my machines and business until “grumpy” wakes up. Shhh, don’t tell her I said that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The countdown is fantastic, something else that works wonders for me is the natural sunlight. The sunrise time varies throughout the year, but I Keep my blinds half-open and let that natural sunlight wake me up. If I have to beat the sun work, I use Phillips Hue wake-up routine.

After 3 years working night I have big problems with my sleep schedule. Most of the time I sleep when it’s start shining, like 4.

I really want to go back to normal sleep again and wake up in the morning. Yes I know it’s up to me.

Here I’ve come full circle and this one that I’ve taken to heart and it really makes me feel better once I rise up! Funny reflecting on my moment from last year. :):smirk:

Coffee is a hell of a drug

Wow! You do the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 count down also? Great minds think alike! Also, I heard coffee is bad in the morning, unless you eat a healthy meal. Anyone exercise that early?

Everyone is going to need to be prepared for the next bull run! TO THE MOON!

Coffee is not necessarily the healthiest choice to be reliant on.
It depends. We are all biochemical individuals at different stages of personal evolution and nutritional needs. Everyone’s optimal is different, and gained by different nutrients.
If you can’t function without it, it’s not a good thing.
Many good things can become not so good without moderation, however.
If you get reliable, quality sourced coffee, and it is prepared and stored correctly to reduce mycotoxins and oxidation, coffee can be a very good thing.
Don’t mix sugar and poor quality cream in it.
Mix grass fed butter and MCT oil (or coconut oil) with stevia (or black) and blend that in a blender for 20 seconds to froth it up and get a coffee latte goin!
Now coffee is good for you!
Instead of spiking insulin and causing the body to store fat and then ride the ups and downs of glucose waves, you stimulate the bodies lipid energy system and get a sustained, lasting energy.
Coffee also warms up the body from the inside, prepares it for action with caffeine which is one of the most highly studied and safest drugs on the planet to boost exercise.

The jury is still up on the long term effects on every individual however. Some studies show fatigue of the thyroid gland with caffeine abuse. Some studies show a correlation between coffee consumption and the decreased risk of some cancers, type 2 diabetes, parkinsons, all-cause mortality rates, and some even show a correlation between telomere length (the biological age factor)

There is lots more! Complicated question!

And yes, I exercise early, and late, and yes, I love coffee.

Here’s some sources https://www.foundmyfitness.com/news/t/coffee

I also intermittent fast. So I don’t eat a meal until about 12-3 pm, everyday. The healthy fats in the coffee curb my appetite and improve focus. I warm up my stomach with lots of water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt (electrolytes & minerals mmmmm)
Sugar in the morning or in coffee makes me shaky and looking for my next meal.

I would question the effectiveness of this ‘healthy meal’ maybe more-so than the coffee. Most people’s idea of a meal in the morning is loaded with carbs and sugar, so it would depend on the choices made. Toast and cereal? No.
Coffee can be healthy, and meals can be unhealthy.

So many variables

I get up pretty early on weekdays. I need to practice that more often on weekends.

These days, my wake up routine or motivation is that if I don’t wake up and get to work on time, I am going to look bad in front of my employees. It took me so long to gain their respect that just that fear of losing the hard work I put in for months to be responsible it’s enough to get me out of bed reall quick.

Waking up still difficult waking up around 6 like everyone else not early enough. Working on it. Habits been getting better and better after 90 days.

I hear you man, 4:15 this morning after hitting the sack at around midnight. But hey, very productive habit!