Banks to work with

Is anyone having any luck with TD bank? I’m having a hard time with coinbase and am going thru a process of elimination.
The bank said they were good butt, 3 email addresses and still after everything passes I get this… buys disabled.
Hey if this is a pub can I curse?? :joy:
Cheers

1 Like

What country are you from? Coinbase is intended for American banks.

1 Like

What makes you think that?
Coinbase works great in the European Union (plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Monaco and San Marino)
We do a SEPA* transfer which is typically free to a coinbase bank account in Estonia.
God bless the EU (:unsure:)

*Single Euro Payments Area

3 Likes

Shouldn’t you be teaching him how to do a SEPA* transfer? All I had to do on coinbase was give them my debit card and I was purchasing within minutes.

1 Like

That is a great question. Are you in Canada or the US (or elsewhere)? Big difference as Canadian regulators seem to be much more interested in this product than US regulators.

TD Bank in the US is regulated and appears to not be interested in servicing Bitcoiners.

4 Likes

No teaching required.
If he would be in the EU, he would know because it is the standard for account to account remittance.

Credit Card payment is also possible, but coinbase takes a whopping 2.99% for that (in Europe/Germany).

My point obviously was that coinbase has operations outside of the US as well.
So depending on where you are, coinbase might work differently to some extent.
You´re welcome. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Smoochie Boochies!!! Thanks again! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’m Canadian and had problems with ScotiaBank, but I realized it wasn’t the case with all methods of payment. I didn’t have problem using my Visa debit card to buy crypto, but when I tried to transfer money using Interac it was blocked more than once.

I returned to my old bank, and they said that if my account have too many transactions (especially deposits) on random days, they have to freeze it for suspicion of money laundering (unless I opened a business account).

I cannot transfer fiat to Coinbase, I can only buy using Credit card (or Visa debit card).

1 Like

I’m living in NYC and dealing with NY branches of TD n Santander
Gary

1 Like

Wow, I’m impressed by the speed and amount of responses thanks.
It seems the most important thing was emitted from my initial e, I’m in NYC using U.S banking system and still “need a little help from my (new) friends”
Cheers
Oh, originally from across the puddle London

1 Like

Thank you folks I should’a done a lot more research before listening to the bank manager. Any suggestions on a great bank in NYC to use??

GARY

2 Likes

How is it legal that banks close your accounts for buying btc?

3 Likes

Probably twofold
a) They can claim security.
b) They could be nervous of loosing control, one just has to look at which banks financed both sides of world war 2 and, which families profited

2 Likes

Found out the hard way on that one Peter, any idea’s which are the better ones to work with in the US mate?

1 Like

If you have access to USAA use them. They even allow you to view your coinbase account on their site and the upper executives all invest in BTC and probably other crypto’s. Needless to say they are very crypto friendly but they have always been on the leading edge of banking. They were nearly 100% online prior to just about any bank that I know of.

2 Likes

Thanks Nekko,
I took a look and it seems they are only excepting USA military Vets, I happen to be a UK Vet now USA citizen. Hey, if I’m wrong please correct me.
I’m gonna try Wells Fargo and BA today and hopefully I’ll get an honest answer unlike TD.
You have a g’day mate

2 Likes

USAA is “AMERICAN MILITARY ONLY”

1 Like

Its family members also so for instance if your father was a vet, but that is also why i stated if you have access to them you should use them.

3 Likes

The US banks can close your account at any time for any reason. Read the account legalese. They are judge, jury and …

2 Likes

Try any of the banks that are involved with Ripple. They understand Crypto better than the laggards. Read this article, select a bank, then call customer service or their shareholders relations department to see what their specific policies are. Repeat as required.

http://www.coindesk.com/ripple-blockchain-55-million-series-b/

3 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠