Bitcoin Cash Thread

I feel like no one really updates the community on Bitcoin Cash ( ABC ). There are many different paths we can take to scaling and any one of them could be right. It’s pretty dumb how so many people assume Bitcoin Cash to be a joke without ever doing proper research. I think it’s important people look at both sides of the argument. Gonna update this with BCH info.

Other side of Bitcoin’s scaling:

Roadmap:

(Will delete if there’s already another BCH thread )

Thanks for letting us know!

It seems to be that BCash is indeed here to stay. I hodl equal Bcash and the real Bitcoin for peace of mind. With the huge price disparity between the two, this seems like a sensible strategy to me.

Curious, what led you to that conclusion? I personally feel the opposite. BCH volume had already been proven as falsely reported, and I firmly believe that the recent price action is also manufactured. BCH fanboys are a thing of the past, and general sentiment is worse than any other coin (excluding SV). I expect BCH to continue to lose market share and will fade into obscurity by this time next year.

There’s a possibility the LN doesn’t work out. In that event, BCH is the best alternative with the Bitcoin brand image.

The video I posted shows some of the serious issues Bitcoin could experience.

If the lightning network fails, then BTC will likely become digital gold while another project with superior tech will become our future currency. Either way I’m convinced that BCH is doomed.

The whole argument for BCH is that it does have superior tech. I’m pretty confident BTC being digital gold will wear off if its’ market cap is beating by other alts.

This is pretty scary since the only thing Bitcoin is really offering is being the biggest market cap cryptocurrency.

I just feel that if it were doomed to have died, it would have already happened. Let’s say that 2019 isn’t good for Lightning; you just know that the BCH shills will be all over that, Ver will start appearing everywhere again, and if they pump it (as you say - often fraudulently) at the right time, it’s possible it might go on a major bull again.

That said, I’m no fan of the coin or its community. I just like hedging my bets. I’m also holding equal BCHSV from the fork too because, who knows…

This guy has it backwards. :confused:

BCH are looking to implement the LN ontop of their blockchain.

Oh the irony there. These guys never cease to amaze me. :slight_smile:

You’re looking at BCH as if all it has is people who have a loud mouth supporting it.

This reason alone is enough to despise BCH.

This reason alone is enough to despise BCH.

This football team mentality is dumb. This is how bitcoin was designed - 2 parties have a differing opinion so they fork.

The entire fork was based on BTC moving towards 2nd layer solutions, while BCH intended to use larger blocks.

BCH adapting the Lightning Network is utter hypocrisy.

It was a bloodbath of a fork, and did a lot of harm to the crypto community. I could respect BCH if they maintained their vision. But now if they integrate second layer solutions, then they’re essentially admitting that the entire fork was for nothing.

The BCH crew is a disease to cryptocurrency. They’ve created controversy, manipulation, and forced us to fight among ourselves, when the real enemy is the traditional banking systems.

For reference, here’s an article from a huge BCH proponent, making it clear that 2nd layer solutions are bad and not the path forward for BCH: https://medium.com/@jonaldfyookball/lightning-network-vs-bitcoin-cash-for-the-non-technical-person-7ea2b9a657f5

The entire fork was based on BTC moving towards 2nd layer solutions, while BCH intended to use larger blocks.

Lies. The entire fork was based on BTC not increasing the blocksize. Bitcoin Cash wanted to adopt the LN and other second layer solutions since I can remember - they just don’t want to hinder on-chain scaling.

It was a bloodbath of a fork, and did a lot of harm to the crypto community. I could respect BCH if they maintained their vision.

BCH is a blockchain - it cannot do any harm and you should look at it as such. Cardano is surrounded by noobs who know nothing and hype it up - must be a shitcoin.

then they’re essentially admitting that the entire fork was for nothing.

Tell me how you expect BTC to on-board people onto the lightning network when on-chain scaling is at max 4MB ( with segwit )?

On-chain and off-chain scaling go hand in hand. Infact, not scaling your blockchain hinders the adoption of off-chain scaling

What type of mentality are you talking about?

BCH is fooling new people making them believe they are the original stuff, deceiving the uninformed joe with such things like they even own bitcoin.com, if BCH is such an upgrade as they claim to be, why is their site not named bitcoincash.com at the very least?

:-1:t2:

BCH is fooling new people

BCH is a blockchain. What people do and how they do stuff is irrelevant. BCH is just Bitcoin with all of BTC’s features + on-chain scaling. Sounds pretty legit to me.

I don’t like how some BCH people act either. But I looked at the technology and decided that it has a chance.