Bitcoin technical analysis trading strategies

Bit of a different video for you all today, but I hope you enjoy?! It’s explaining my Tesla short position from the stock market. While BTC is going sideways, it’s good to explore/ diversify in other markets. :slight_smile:

BTC - Bitcoin Technical Analysis today I cover the top descending triangle resistance that we touched last night and the important $6850 price level.

Question about a trading situation.

When i start a short at 0,677 and i’m waiting for it to go down. the plan is to buy back at the 2 lower lines. Because it’s taking to long (must sleep), i’'ll cancel the buy’s and placing a stop loss at 0,7104. When i get back to the graphs a day later, i missed the 2 targets. Even when the targets has been hit.

How do you play this then ? or it’s a bad timeframe for me to play in ?

Im still learning myself so take what i say with a grain of salt… Why did you sell short there? How did you determine rebuy targets? Im assuming you went short in the zone you have highlighted? When i pull up my charts on the 15 minute frame the short play was selling the declining rsi with rising price and the final clue was bearish divergence on the macd. The zone you sold in was a bounce from oversold conditions and had yet to hit overbought. Price is still above the 20 ema as well, indicating there could still be an upward move to play out. The larger time frames are bullish as well (momentarily anyways) I would have waited for confirmation of a sell off or an overbought condition before selling short in this current region.

Looking at the larger time frames to get a sense of market momentum is usually helpful as well, but if youre trading the 15 minute than just trade the 15 minute. You will just get confused trying to trade too many time frames.

You also didn’t mention percentage of your position. Dividing it up into smaller lots can help relieve stress and risk as well. Plus why give exchanges money with stop/market orders…that just cuts into your profits.

Red circles are where i would have sold short and the green are buy areas/signals:

Based off hrly Heikin Ashi candles ,macd and ema you should currently still be long: Daily and 4 hr say long as well. Until candles and indicators say otherwise. A lot of price action will most likely be correlated to what btc decides to do…

Simple High frequency trading bot for crypto currencies designed to support multi exchanges and be controlled via Telegram.

#Linux/macOS:

git clone git@github.com:freqtrade/freqtrade.git
cd freqtrade
git checkout develop
./setup.sh --install

#once installed you need commands

#Bot commands:
usage: main.py [-h] [-v] [–version] [-c PATH] [-d PATH] [-s NAME]
[–strategy-path PATH] [–dynamic-whitelist [INT]]
[–dry-run-db]
{backtesting,hyperopt} …

Simple High Frequency Trading Bot for crypto currencies

positional arguments:
{backtesting,hyperopt}
backtesting backtesting module
hyperopt hyperopt module

optional arguments:
-h, --help show this help message and exit
-v, --verbose be verbose
–version show program’s version number and exit
-c PATH, --config PATH
specify configuration file (default: config.json)
-d PATH, --datadir PATH
path to backtest data (default:
freqtrade/tests/testdata
-s NAME, --strategy NAME
specify strategy class name (default: DefaultStrategy)
–strategy-path PATH specify additional strategy lookup path
–dynamic-whitelist [INT]
dynamically generate and update whitelist based on 24h
BaseVolume (Default 20 currencies)
–dry-run-db Force dry run to use a local DB
“tradesv3.dry_run.sqlite” instead of memory DB. Work
only if dry_run is enabled.

#Telegram RPC commands

Telegram is not mandatory. However, this is a great way to control your bot.

• /start : Starts the trader
  • /stop : Stops the trader
  • /status [table] : Lists all open trades
  • /count : Displays number of open trades
  • /profit : Lists cumulative profit from all finished trades
  • /forcesell <trade_id>|all : Instantly sells the given trade (Ignoring minimum_roi ).
  • /performance : Show performance of each finished trade grouped by pair
  • /balance : Show account balance per currency
  • /daily <n> : Shows profit or loss per day, over the last n days
  • /help : Show help message
  • /version : Show version

Great reply, a lot of info.

I shorted at the yellow arrow. The rebuy target are the fib levels.

BTC - Bitcoin + Stock Market Technical Analysis. Today i discuss my BTC setup, and then cover my stock market trade positions. Hope you enjoy lads :slight_smile:

Is this a set up you use? How have you been doing with it?

I have used a variety of bots, most recently on the bitMEX testnet, The bot I use now is custom coded. I use it with about seven years of market data for training… everything I’ve used to put these experiments together is on github. I found what works best for me is using code from several different repos, I was going to make a ‘bot eShop’ store but decided against it… I play around with this stuff in my spare time. I’d never trade manually though… might as well gamble with binary options.

but yes I’ve used the one I posted freqtrade, I run windows 10 pro with windows subsystem for linux and it works fine…

https://gekko.wizb.it/

Considering i have no programming skills these look like a more viable option for me. If you had to pick one which would you go for? I like the one time payment for the gunbot and that you can set up a vps. I will definitely want to do that because i live in a rural area and not out of the norm to lose power or internet for up to a week. Lost internet a month ago and took ATT a week to send out a tech to fix their line :angry: Do you know if i can run a vps with the crypto hopper?

I like Gekko because it is free, I have not used a paid service trading algo
Gekko
Gekko will always be among the top of the list. It is by far the most popular – probably because it is a free Bitcoin trading bot. It can be downloaded from the GitHub platform (relax, you do not need to be a tech guru to navigate this platform. But if you need some help, there are numerous YouTube videos to show you how to go about it).

Gekko is an open source piece of software that is constantly being improved upon by talented developers all around the world. This trading bot is supported by most cryptocurrency exchanges including Bitstamp, Poloniex, and Bitfinex.

Gekko is easy to use, fully automated an straightforward. For newbies in the bitcoin industry, learning the ins and outs of this trading bot will be the least of your worries. The software comes equipped with essential trading features. These features include a web interface that is designed to monitor your trading strategies and data. Also, the bot can run on some backtested data and help you visualize the trade results.

The bot is designed to run on most major operating systems including MacOs, Linux, and Windows. The bot can also keep you updated through telegram, email and other social platforms. However, you should bear in mind that Gekko is not a high-frequency trading bot and as such, it does not execute the so-called arbitrage trades.

BTC - Bitcoin Technical Analysis - Oversold bounce, or big support level. New video, I hope you all enjoy/ learn from this TA :man_student::man_teacher::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

New BTC - Bitcoin Technical Analysis discussing the USDT Tether FUD which caused the massive price spike!! I’m sticking to Bitmex only for the next few days. Hope this was helpful for you all! :man_teacher::man_student::moneybag:As always Pub brothers any questions about what went on today give me a message and happy to help you out/ talk it over :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

New BTC - Bitcoin Technical Analysis today price 16.10.18 I cover the USDT Tether wick rejection from yesterday and how we can be trading this chart going forward. :man_teacher::man_student:

New video for you all, after such a long time without one, this is because there has not been much to report on in the crypto space! While more and more people seem to be turning bullish with a 6k floor, i remain with no bias, trading stocks only. Enjoy :smiley: