Books That You Should Read/Listen To

bubble
books
economy
audible

Hey!

I just wanted to give some quick suggestions for two books written by the Author Harry S. Dent. He is a very interesting economist, because he goes against the normal economist and has gotten a lot of crap from his other people in his field. His main focus in his books are bubbles and financial cycles.

First book: The Sale of a Lifetime

This book is a bit scary not because of what he his talking about more because his predictions hasn’t come true yet. He says that we should have a huge recession in 2017. Because the stock, debt, gold, oil, housing markets are in extreme bubbles. He says that we will have a greater deflation the we had in The Great Depression. He then goes into how we should go about protecting our wealth and build the same amount of wealth that Rockefeller etc sits on! Great read/Listen.

Second Book: Zero Hour
SX329_BO1,204,203,200

This book I haven’t finished but it’s kind of the same subjects as the last one. But in this one he goes way more into the political issues right now and how we are gonna have a huge change in the environment we live n cause people are starting to want more control over their own life. The most interesting thing in this book so far is how he goes into the fact that Gold is obsolete at this point but that we still need a “metal” to show us real value in the world, he then says that he thinks that Bitcoin or/and other cryptocurrencies are what he believes will take the throne from Gold. As I said I haven’t listened to the whole book but very interesting.

This author has a lot of older book where he for example predicted the housing crash in 2007-2008. I haven’t listened to these but I would believe that all of his books are super interesting and a good source to learn about the history of economical cycles and probably the future we are heading for!

As a suggestion you ca join Audible if you are like me and can’t sit and read through a whole book. I think they also still are doing 2 free books for new members, and if you don’t wanna pay the monthly fee after the first month then you can cancel the membership and still keep the books. Audible also have a lot of books on Blockchain and Bitcoin!

Disclamer: I am a audiobook editor, but do not work for audible directly and I haven’t worked on any of these books!

This is my first topic so please give me pointers if there is something I could do better!

Please also give more suggestions of book if you have them!

3 Likes
4 Likes

For the left and the right, major multinational companies are held up as the ultimate expressions of free-market capitalism. Their remarkable success appears to vindicate the old idea that modern society is too complex to be subjected to a plan. And yet, as Leigh Phillips and Michal Rozworski argue, much of the economy of the West is centrally planned at present. Not only is planning on vast scales possible, we already have it and it works. The real question is whether planning can be democratic. Can it be transformed to work for us?

Tiny Changes, Remarkable Results

No matter your goals, Atomic Habits offers a proven framework for improving–every day. James Clear, one of the world’s leading experts on habit formation, reveals practical strategies that will teach you exactly how to form good habits, break bad ones, and master the tiny behaviors that lead to remarkable results.

If you’re having trouble changing your habits, the problem isn’t you. The problem is your system. Bad habits repeat themselves again and again not because you don’t want to change, but because you have the wrong system for change. You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your systems. Here, you’ll get a proven system that can take you to new heights.

Learn how to:
***** make time for new habits (even when life gets crazy);
***** overcome a lack of motivation and willpower;
***** design your environment to make success easier;
***** get back on track when you fall off course;
…and much more.

Atomic Habits will reshape the way you think about progress and success, and give you the tools and strategies you need to transform your habits–whether you are a team looking to win a championship, an organization hoping to redefine an industry, or simply an individual who wishes to quit smoking, lose weight, reduce stress, or achieve any other goal.

2 Likes