Buying Cards on Alibaba?

Anyone have any experience buying gpu’s on alibaba? prices loo too good to be true, any info or insight is appreciated.

3 Likes

I bet you saw the link I posted earlier :rofl:

2 Likes

yeah, what do you think about it? any experience?

1 Like

nope, i’ve never ordered something from Alibaba.

I’d first contact a broker who has knowledge in imports from China and ask him what paperwork is needed from the seller and expected % to be paid once out of customs.

2 Likes

well the seller I’m chatting with now is in korea and has a gold star seller rating etc. I am still wary and am going to research more about the sellers on alibaba but it could be a good (best) option for gpu shopping. I have read to never buy any cards directly from china because of fake cards, bad memory, etc. If anyone else can chime in on this subject I’d greatly appreciate it.

3 Likes

I don’t have any GPU experience on alibaba, but I do have a lot of exp on there ordering phone parts on alibaba… most people selling on there are have there products originally coming out of China.

I have gotten a lot of bootleg parts labeled as being OEM, some work, some don’t. The reviews can be helpful if there is a bad one or two listing a specific experience someone had to filter out a few sources but anyone who sells a certain quantity can get a high star review pretty quickly if they have a short order processing and shipping time.

If you can find one selling for a decent price, try to verify the parts by getting the smallest quantity they are looking to sell (hopefully can order one and if it’s something that works go back to the same seller- most sellers have pretty high part minimum purchases)
If you find a good one go H.A.M. and let us know you found a good source. Hell if you find a solid one resell the damn things on the Bazaar here or throw it on eBay or something- but keep in mind it’s probably gonna take weeks to arrive for anything you order

2 Likes

Yeah even with the 1 year gold star thing it seems too good to be true, 300 for a 1070 windforce oc and buy 3 get 1 free.

1 Like

They are probably used or bunk then… but it is possible they just made a massive bulk order a while back and have been slow selling them. that’s not too far off from the price it should be since it’s the base model 1070 for if the card shortage never happened. you also have to assume that someone already would have bought them out at that price if they were legit.

I wouldn’t order anything you aren’t ok with loosing the money for ( so if it’s 300, I wouldn’t order one unless I can afford to loose 300 on the deal and if I get lucky and everything works I buy more)

1 Like

After doing more research it looks like you can search suppliers that are “assessed suppliers”. This means they have been inspected and certified legit by a third party. The only catch is minimum orders are typically 100 units. Some of the other long time sellers with big trade history and volume look legit and do lower minimum orders.

1 Like

Right, and if you can find a seller that fits the verification that’s sweet, there’s actually a possibility of working things out if there is an issue with the product in that case. Would have to find a way to pool money to get 100 cards tho. With larger orders like that they often will allow a single sample product first after money is in escrow at least so you can make sure of what your getting too

I know there is ledgend of a way to set up pools being worked on, but thatl be a while, might get Prices to drop before then (one can only hope)

1 Like

we buy things on taobao not on alibaba.

2 Likes

I would be very cautious even ordering from “inspected” sources on there. We ordered a lot of stuff from our brewery from alibaba and a majority of it was crap and nothing was the quality it was advertised. You can also read tons online about buying electronics from them. They could even be made in the same factory and look legit.

2 Likes

yeah I decided it was too sketch, thanks though for this input…currently scouring the web…

2 Likes

i usually buy from tmall as the prices are more down to earth and reliable its basically a spin off from taobao and mainly the larger suppliers will paddle their goods there…good luck!

1 Like

Thanks, those chinese sites are a little confusing and I have been told to be extra careful ordering from China so I will probably do best just hawking all of the reputable sites. Looks interesting and I will try and get more familiar with the site and read about people’s experiences etc., maybe it could be an option…

1 Like

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠