Changes coming to Mining are very close now

Couple of items on Xilinx:

Rosenblatt analyst Hans Mosesmann raised the price target on Xilinx (NASDAQ: XLNX) to $150.00 (from $120.00) while maintaining a Buy rating.

SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Feb 28, 2019–The Center for Advancing Women in Technology (CAWIT) proudly welcomes Xilinx, Inc., as a corporate sponsor of the Technology Pathways Initiative (TPI), a groundbreaking effort to strengthen America’s workforce growth and evolution in the Digital Age.

M&T Bank Corp grew its holdings in Xilinx , Inc. (NASDAQ:XLNX) by 1.5% in the fourth quarter, according to the company in its most recent Form 13F filing.

Xilinx, Inc. (XLNX) Expected to Post Quarterly Sales of $824.88 Million

Xilinx, Inc., belongs to Technology sector and Semiconductor – Integrated Circuits industry. The company’s Market capitalization is $30.18B with the total Outstanding Shares of 253.06M.

Xilinx, Inc. institutional ownership is held at 93.1% while insider ownership was 0.18%. As of now, XLNX has a P/S, P/E and P/B values of 10.39, 35.47 and 11.45 respectively. Its P/Cash is valued at 8.7.

The stock has seen its SMA50 which is now 22.18%. In looking the SMA 200 we see that the stock has seen a 47.79%.The Company’s net profit margin for the 12 months at 27.9%.

Looking into the profitability ratios of XLNX stock, an investor will find its ROE, ROA, ROI standing at 33.2%, 15.7% and 18.2%, respectively.

Taking a look at the performance of Xilinx, Inc. stock, an investor will come to know that the weekly performance for this stock is valued at 1.59%, resulting in a performance for the month at 31.85%.

Disclaimer: I have purchased Xilinx shares.

Xilinx is already working on the next generation MPSoC and indications are that they are looking to build more parallelism into the single chip on the 16nm fabrication.

For those looking at using MPSoC chips for mining, you want to look for an ROI of less than 9 months, as the new chips will raise the bar again and will likely appear each 9 months given the current history of releases and current projection of the next chip release. After 9 months, if you have not achieved ROI, then it may be “never” - it is all a bit of a gamble.

Stay Fishy

3 Likes

really good info. real food for thought!!

1 Like

New Information.

The Kintex-7 MPSoC is actually quite powerful and hashes extremely well. So much so, that it outperforms most GPU’s while drawing less than 16 watts of power.

You won’t find these as graphics card, you will find these as Network Cards!!

So Mining has gone from CPU to GPU and now to Network Cards?? LOL!!

That’s right, you want to look for 10GbE Network cards like this one:

The one above also has a USB adaptor at the top for programming the FPGA Bitstream:

Kintex-1a

There is also an expanded model that has DDR3 or DDR4 RAM so it can support algorithms that need lots of RAM like Cryptonight variations (Monero ect).

So the first Network Card I linked sells for approximately USD$160.
Only has a small amount of RAM, so suitable for Bitcoin and forks.

The second one with 4GB DDR3 RAM sells for about USD$250.
With the extra RAM, it is technically possible to support any algorithm within the memory limit.

Both have USB ports, which is used to program the FPGA.

Obtaining the FPGA Bitstreams for various Crypto algorithms is still scarce, can take a lot of searching to find one and even then it needs to be modified to suit the chip being run. Those with good Google Fu skills will be able to find them, they seem to be mostly coming out of China.

So, still some work to be done, but if you are going to get into the new MPSoC Mining game, you want to buy these types of Network cards and use a Standard GPU style Rig, but with banks of Network Adaptors instead of Graphics Cards.

Stay Fishy

6 Likes

Now this sounds like something I’d be quite interested in trying to get working myself.

Taking a poll: Anybody else interested in banding together to try to crack this one?

4 Likes

Finding the Xilinx Kintex-7 Network Cards is not difficult, they are appearing on several common sites including eBay.

The software is the harder part and may require some modifications.

Some starter points are:

and of course, the famous:

I am already arranging for some hardware to start testing on.
Going to get a cheap desktop PC and drop two cards in to tinker with the software.

If you look at the Bitstream code, it is actually not that dis-similar to Python, but done at a lower level.
However, I am looking at:
https://www.xilinx.com/html_docs/xilinx2017_4/sdaccel_doc/lyx1504034296578.html
Going to try and go down the OpenCL kernel route.

Stay Fishy

4 Likes

What do you guys think of the The Newegg iBrite RGB CPU for mining potential? With 100 cores and 200 thread capacity on a single CPU, it just might open the floodgates to returning to CPU-based mining.

Check it out:
https://www.newegg.com/promotions/nepro/19-0630/index.html

6 Likes

GTFO!!! gotta be April fools!

3 Likes

The new Mining rig I’m building based on using FPGA’s found on 10GbE Network cards is coming along.

Today, I ordered the inverter for the Solar Panels:

The 10 x FPGA Network cards and mother board have arrived and I’m just waiting on the power supply.

Ultimately, the goal is to see if I can set a record on Hash per Watt.

Taking a lot long than I anticipated, but I’m slowly getting there.

Stay Fishy

3 Likes

Progress \o/

https://ukminer.io/product/verus-fpga-ukminer-v1-batch-1/

Seems I’m not the only one working towards the same goal :slight_smile:

Bitstreams are coming, a bit of work in progress right now.

The Kintex-7 420T (runs at less wattage but equivalent hash rate) can be found at:

Stay Fishy

1 Like