Claymore suddenly went from detecting 6 GPUs to 3 GPUS [SOLVED]

As the title suggests, today in the middle of nowhere, my claymore miner went from detecting all 6 of my GTX 1060 GPUS down to 3 of them and I cant figure out why. All 6 cards show up in my Device Manager and in my Geforce Driver. Stuff I already tried doing:

1. Unplugging and plugging each gpu in
  2. Uninstalling Geforce driver with DDU and reinstalling
  3. Googling a bunch
  4. Trying a different miner (same result)
  5. Reinstalling windows, resetting BIOS, reinstalling drivers and reinstalling all 6 cards.

I posted this on reddit and I was told to try download GPUZ.
These are pics of the differences between the working GPUs and the nonworking GPUS.
https://imgur.com/a/hYlCk
https://imgur.com/a/CAxQe

Any help would be appreciated. Kinda frustrated since Ive been mining happily for about 20 days now and then this happens out of nowhere :confused:

1 Like

Have you tried switching out the PCI risers? Plugging in a non-working GPU into a slot that is working?

1 Like

Had a similar problem, fixed it by switching the USB (riser USB) from a working GPU to one that is not working, IDK why but that happened to more people too.

1 Like

Yes I tried that, same result.

1 Like

If you unplug all the GPUs and plug one of the “non-working” GPUs in, does that GPU work? Then when you add more do they start dropping out?

1 Like

Yes the GPU will work. Ive added one by one and checked GPUZ everytime to see if they were good. Settings look normal and claymore runs fine for up to 3 cards. When I exceed 3, GPUZ tells me that theyre fine but claymore doesnt seem to like it. Just minutes ago I got both GPUZ and claymore to detect all 6 but shortly after showing all 6 cards, the entire screen froze. I restarted the rig and again, 3 cards showed up in claymore.

1 Like

What’s the power supply wattage?

1 Like

The power supply wattage is 1200w

1 Like

Well I would say you have enough power going there.

In the pictures, CUDA and UEFI are not checked on the “Non-working” GPU. Shot in the dark here but does clicking those do anything?

1 Like

Copy paste your launch.txt file into here.

1 Like

Clicking sadly doesnt do anything!

Heres my start file:

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-us-west1.nanopool.org:9999 -ewal 0x56cb3ef34fdeaff445c2b4db2b01e69f2056c0a8.potato/jacksoi__milk@hotmail.com -epsw x -mode 1 -ftime 10

1 Like

Isn’t there a launch.txt file?

1 Like

Not that I know of! I’m mining with nanopool and have never seen a launch.txt

1 Like

I fixed the problem! Turns out the miner keeps logs so I went through them and found the errors. Most common error I was getting was “NVML: cannot get current temperature, error 15”. Googled around and found a reddit post saying that the fix found was to put “-tt 0” in the bat file. Hard to believe that something this small stalled me for two days but I’m glad its fixed now. Thanks a lot for taking the time out of your day to help. Hope your building is going well

2 Likes

AWESOME! I’m glad you got that fixed!

I also solved a problem I was having. I’m going to change the title to “Solved”

1 Like

I may have spoke too soon. Not the same problem but my rig freezes shortly after starting mining. Mouse/screen/keyboard all unresponsive and I cant do anything other than manually restarting with the power switch. Glad you fixed your problem!

1 Like

That sounds like drivers issues or overheating.

1 Like

Agreed. maybe the cards failed originally for unsafe temp readings and you overriding that cause failure?

1 Like

My afterburner is off though

1 Like

Back to square one :frowning:

1 Like

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠