Coinbase Talking Forever to Release my Money

So I did a bank transfer on 1-11. Funds were taken out on the 12th, cleared and all from my bank but its the 16th at night so almost the 17th and I still have not seen the funds into the Coinbase platform. It said it can take up to the 19th but this is ridiculous. they sure as hell didn’t wait to take it out of my bank account. why they playing around with my money? Makes me salty. Any thoughts. i know I’m just gonna wait but is there a better way to get funds into a platform?

4 Likes

When doing a bank transfer on coinbase this is pretty normal. Once you start using it more often the transactions happen faster. Took me just as long the first time. So i used a debt card to secure some positions. yes i paid a fee. but in the end it was worth it with the gains. Hope this helped

3 Likes

If they say the 19th, it’ll be the 19th. At least, don’t worry until after the date you both agreed to

1 Like

I’m just in a hurry cuz I’mtrying to buy the dip

1 Like

Geez that’s a lot of " talking" and going nowhere from Coinbase…lol
Edit

1 Like

Deposits seem to take longer than withdrawals if that makes you feel better!

I withdrew last Friday, and received the funds in my bank by early this morning. Not too shabby for how much volume they have right meow.

2 Likes

I can’t wait til Ethos is up and running meow.

1 Like

Just an update 7 days later and still no money. That whole bank transfer is trash if it’s gonna take 7 days everytime. I will gladly pay the fee too have it right away. Now i have missed the dip completely. Thanks coinbase.

1 Like

Yeah one of the main reasons that innovation is happening in that area more.
Coinbase is making too much $$$$ to care anymore, just like a bank. So folks will be changing to something else soon enough… There’s also Gemini which I’ve heard good things about meow.

1 Like

i dont know anything about bank transfer system outside Europe, but in europe we have SEPA (or the Single Euro Payments Area) which enable super fast (less than 1 day, max 2) fee-less bank transfer within EEA country of Europe

if i send my fund now (1am) fund will arrive in afternoon :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks. I looked into the Gemini and if i’m not mistaken their fees were higher… Good news an hour after the post it went through… Woohoo. everything is still on sale. Thank you all for the replies. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LOL… none of you beat me in time I waited. I’m based in the US, and I deposited the money on Jan 6, but the fund was available only yesterday, Jan 17. That’s essentially 11 days.

The money was cleared in my bank on Jan 7!!!

3 Likes

wow .The fact that it took 7 days for me is not what got me mad. The fact that they got their money right away and took a week on handing it to me that’s what got me mad. I feel for you…:frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah man, exactly how I felt! They literally held on to my money for 10 days before I have it. Imagine the millions of people who deposit money on a daily basis. I guess GDAX is free for a reason…

1 Like

I too had this frustration with Coinbase a month ago when I first started getting into crypto. I found out that about the only way I could immediately get skin in the game was to overpay for BTC on localbitcoins.com - yes you’re paying an inflated rate for BTC but you can get it immediately and buy into the markets right away. I did A LOT of that last month.

Of course in hindsight I wish I had waited until the past couple of days to do it but then again hindsight is always 20/20 isn’t it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah…it’s definitely a “bank” thing now… The whole reason to get into Crypto in the first place was Peer to Peer anonymous transactions that are automatic, and authorized w/o a 3rd party…
Now we were doing so well, and what 6-7 months later, it’s like we’re back to old way banking.
One thing that would help is the Lightning network to be fully implemented, or something like it thus get stuff going again…

1 Like

this is very normal. takes more then a week most times.

1 Like

This has been my experience as well. It always takes about 5 business days for bank transfers even though it clears immediately. So I always plan ahead now

1 Like

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠