Could trading in GDAX only use BTCUSD only?

Hi Everyone,
I’m thinking of funding my GDAX of $100 just to try it out for day trading. My question is. If I purchase $100 worth of bitcoin and sell it for $110 does the money goes to my cash wallet or my btcusd balance? I would like to do this back and fourth so when example my profit of $110 I would like to purchase more btcusd and sell it when the time is right. Rinse and repeat. Correct me if this how it goes in GDAX swing trading.
Thanks
John

1 Like

It goes to GDAX usd balance and stays there until you manually transfer it to your CoinBase USD wallet.

1 Like

Hello,
If you buy directly on coinbase and trade on gdax: $100 USD = ~0.00871438 btc
Keep in mine coinbase and gdax fees.

If btc goes up and you sell, BTC -> USD.
Then I assume you wish to buy low in which it will be USD -> BTC.
When selling crypto to fiat, there are fees involved.

If you want to take advantage of swings, consider leverage trading on Bitmex.

1 Like

So it becomes usd and when prices goes up the usd (wallet money) wont move is this right?

1 Like

That is correct. Once you sell BTC for cash the cash value remains unchanged.

1 Like

Yes it acts as @cryptocharlie16 stated. I am curious as to your confusion here what did you think would happen? I only ask this because I like to understand how others come to their conclusions or in this case confuse what I see as a clear and concise process.

1 Like

So when placing a market trade in GDAX we use USD or BTC amount to buy right?
Kind of confused here or if I have only example $10 USD I can buy BTC/USD even if my BTC is zero.

1 Like

I suggest you use limit order instead of Market order when trading BTC. Also, go through peter’s training videos on GDAX, the videos should clarify most of your questions.

1 Like

use fiat from coinbase and transfer to gdax no fees invovled. do not buy BTC from coinbase you will be paying fees. move $$ to Gdax and trade there.

when trading on gdax to avoid fees use limit or stop buy/sell do not buy market.

and if you want to completely avoid fees use limit buy/sell - post only to be a maker and not taker.

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠