Cryto invest tracker

Here is the sheet Peter discussed in one of his videos. I just changed it a bit to pull in the current price.

Pretty easy to add a new sheet for another currency. Just copy one of the sheets and change the ticket and the exchange

For example Ethereum on the Coinbase exchange
=GetCurrentPrice(“ETH:Coinbase”)
Or the default exchange
=GetCurrentPrice(“ETH”)

It’s using the cryptocompare api.

15 Likes

Thank you for your contribution to the community!!

1 Like

pretty cool :slight_smile:

Thanks for your work!

1 Like

As i am in Germany i do everything in Euro. So is it possible to get the actual coin price in EUR instead of USD in the sheet?

2 Likes

Absolutely. Make a copy of the sheet. Then from Tools --> open Script Editor --> change the currency

function GetCurrentPrice(ticker) {
var url;
var args = ticker.split(’:’,2);
if(args.length > 1) {
url = ‘https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/price?fsym=’ + args[0] + ‘&tsyms=EUR&e=’ + args[1];
}
else {
url = ‘https://min-api.cryptocompare.com/data/price?fsym=’ + args[0] + ‘&tsyms=EUR’;
}
var response = UrlFetchApp.fetch(url);
return JSON.parse(response.getContentText()).USD
}

4 Likes

awesome! Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dope. I’m finally getting around to experimenting with these. Looks solid. Keep posting and sharing these things!

1 Like

What did I do guys? I don’t know anything about code. I tried to change it to NZD :sweat:

1 Like

Can you share your sheet with me in a PM, I’m bored I’ll fix it :slight_smile:

be sure to give me edit

1 Like

Thank you! My brain was beginning to slide out my ears. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Thanks so much for this!

1 Like

Hey so In your particular case this is not that easy to achieve. cryptocompare doesn’t offer New Zealand. I’ll do some research this week and see what I can’t come up with.

Really my sheet needs to be bullet proof and allow for all these features. I need to find a free API for currency conversion. So far I can’t find jack shit, but I’m also on my second crown and coke :slight_smile:

I’ll update the link later this week to allow for currency exchange between unsupported currencies this week.

2 Likes

You da man. Hardcore my brotha

1 Like

I can’t even say I’m surprised about them not including NZD… It’s something I’m come across all the time.

But you my friend are super cool to try and figure it out, as I would not have a sht show in hell.

I’m on the ginger tea atm but you enjoy that crown and coke. You’ve earned it!

:v:t4:

2 Likes

Totally over thought this last night :troll:. Just append any USD field with this *GoogleFinance(“CURRENCY:USDNZD”)

@MsPetaRabbit I went ahead and updated the BTC sheet take a look at it.

2 Likes

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! It’s in KIWI DOLLARS!! That is super duper cool as hell!
I’m going to start playing with it now!!

Thank you so much! :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Next (probably stupid) question… How do I fill it in?

• Price = the BTC price?
  • Investment = the amount in fiat I invested?
  • Shares = ?? lol

sorry to be a pain :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

*ehem… … … … yooooooooooooooo!!!

1 Like

Price = price you bought in at
Investment = total in fiat
Shares = total purchased.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will get the hang of these spreadsheets eventually but I legit did not go to school to learn. I was a tearaway teenager. I loved art, English, environmental studies and biology. Things that came natural to me, I excelled at. Dyslexia and undiagnosed celiac disease made it very hard for me to focus and read in Math class. I’m pretty sure I went to 5 math classes my entire high school life. I’ll support my “future” kids into being better than me. :brain: :brain: :brain:

3 Likes

Hey mate,

I’am having the same error as MsPetaRabbit. The price is still in USD , if that helps.

2 Likes

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠