I thought of writing this post because I think it’s important to remind ourselves of what we’ve been able to accomplish.
Decentralized.TV YouTube Channel was created on November 13, 2017, by the time of writing this post:
- 423 days have passed
- We’ve produced 2653 videos!
- An average of 6.2 videos PER DAY!
- 79K subscribers!
- We’ve made damn near close to zero revenue!
(You might say, well, it says you’ve made $13K over the last year!) - No… that’s just youtube monetizing videos for OTHER advertisers. We decided to go FULL ad-free November of 2018)
Best part? The a great DCTV team!
Please don’t forget, BiteSizeBitcoin YouTube channel had over 1800 videos that are all now completely gone (except 47 videos) and 30K subs… that censorship tho (read all about it here)
With articles talking about how adoption isn’t happening as fast as the world would like it and the doldrums of a crypto bear market… it’s good to be reminded of a couple of things that only operators of projects can really understand:
- It always takes longer than you think to build anything great
- You will have events that could send your company into a death spiral (like getting hundreds of hours of work deleted, censored, banned)
- You will encounter daily resistance from the market, from people, and yourself
- The only solace you have is a dream and mission that keeps you grinding.
I haven’t had a break or vacation since jumping into building crypto apps since late 2016. Things are gearing up for our little YEN.io project in 2019… I can’t wait for all of you to taste our wares.
To the moon!