Donald Trump Not a Fan of Cryptocurrencies

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

9 Likes

Trumps trying to get some cheap bitcoin :joy:

8 Likes

Hey Jarred, lets get some KFC and you tell me what you know about Bitcoin…

6 Likes

Something tells me hes not playing 3-D chess…this is strictly a “checkers” statement :rofl:

9 Likes

“Unregulated Crypto Assets can facilitate unlawful behavior, including drug trade and other illegal activity…”

That dollar tho…

7 Likes

Trump trashes Bitcoin
Price goes up :youdontsay:

6 Likes

Big big move is coming to BTC!
Do you think this is a coincidence that he just started tweeting now?
Even FED started talking out loud again!

6 Likes

No one:

Trump: I don’t like bitcoin.

bitcoin price goes up :dicaprio1:

8 Likes

It is people’s currency.
Buy more doooooooge!

4 Likes

Trump is a money man. I bet that during the last bull run, he was shown historical charts of BTC & bought himself some. All that tweet was him “doing his presidential duty”. Hes 100% invested in BTC. Hes no fool when it comes to money making opportunities

6 Likes

via theguardian.com

The US president said he’s not a fan of Facebook’s Libra, and demands digital coin companies seek a banking charter

Donald Trump has criticized Bitcoin, Facebook’s proposed Libra digital coin and other cryptocurrencies and demanded that companies seek a banking charter and make themselves subject to US and global regulations if they wanted to “become a bank”.

“I am not a fan of Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies, which are not money, and whose value is highly volatile and based on thin air,” Trump wrote on Twitter.

“If Facebook and other companies want to become a bank, they must seek a new Banking Charter and become subject to all Banking Regulations, just like other Banks, both National and International,” he added.

Trump’s comments come one day after the Federal Reserve chairman, Jerome Powell, told lawmakers that Facebook’s plan to build a digital currency called Libra cannot move forward unless it addresses concerns over privacy, money laundering, consumer protection and financial stability.

Powell said the Fed has established a working group to follow the project and is coordinating with other government’s central banks. The US Financial Stability Oversight Council, a panel of regulators that identifies risks to the financial system, is also expected to make a review.

Facebook announced last month it would launch its global cryptocurrency in 2020. Facebook and 28 partners, including Mastercard Inc, PayPal Holdings Inc and Uber Technologies Inc, would form the Libra Association to govern the new coin. No banks are currently part of the group.

JPMorgan Chase & Co, the largest US bank by assets, plans to launch its own digital coins.

Bitcoin, the best-known digital coin, was created in 2008 as an alternative to currencies controlled by governments and banks, but crypto trading and digital currencies remain largely unsupervised. The market has also faced allegations of money laundering and terrorist financing.

5 Likes

This is good for Bitcoin.

9 Likes

Wow…you really believe that?
This…from the same person who filed for bankruptcy 6x?

Bill Gates, Buffet…especially Buffet (even tho I TOTALLY disagree with his views on Cryptos) are money men.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Put BTC in the spotlight…but it also put Libra in the spotlight…so bittersweet.

1 Like

if you think Trump is an authoritarian, just wait until his opposition get back in power, you aint seen nothing yet - the new hijab mafia growing like a cancer in congress is after raw power and raw power comes from controlling the money with the state enforcing their wishes at the end of a gun barrel

the republic has run its course, the best option now is for patriots to starve it out and accelerate it into collapse and on the other side be holding bitcoin

Bitcoin the only white pill for post collapse buying power, buy it, HODL it, accumulate it

3 Likes

This thread was not created for this, however this defines and clarifies Authoritarian clearly as it applies to BOTH sides:

Did you forget about all that “Loyalty” talk?
In short, BOTH sides want control. Period.
You are simply choosing your poison by taking sides.

BTC stands on the outside of all of that and neither side can control it.

2 Likes

Yes Trump,most cartel transactions as well as street transactions are surely done with BTC,rarely ever with the clean and pure US dollar. You are such an astute observer of economics.

Pompliano opens by stating that gold is thousands of years old and a multi-trillion dollar asset, and to have it compared to Bitcoin by the Federal Reserve Chairman is monumentous. He then says that having the President chime in on the same day is even more impressive:

“I think that what we’re seeing is a shift in what we trust. Do we trust the humans or do we trust the algorithm?”

The idea is that even the fact that government officials and leaders are talking about crypto at all is an amazing feat for an asset that is only about 10 years old. Positive or negative, it means people are beginning to take Bitcoin seriously.

Meanwhile, popular crypto influencer @Bullyesq also pointed out that Trump’s claims about the volatility and unreliable value of BTC could be applied similarly to the US Dollar itself.

Btw it’s over doubled since this chart

5 Likes

Fake news. The Hill is liberal trash. The Lord Commander owns many, many tremendous and biggly Bitcoins.

3 Likes

So…out of the THREE sites that i linked the information too, youre complaining about ONE that says the same thing as the other two? :roll_eyes:
See…comments like this are scary.
I also posted an image from his ACTUAL TWITTER ACCOUNT.
So explain to me how its “Fake”?
Do you mean its photo shopped?
Nope…its still there on his actual twitter account.
So, in what world do you live in that you don’t see the actual words that he actually typed on his twitter account that we can actually see when we actually read them?
Are you a flat earther?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

BTW, I also added Engadget (Technology/Gadget Website), and Forexlive (Financial Site) in addition to the Hill and oh yeah…

Wait…so now all of a sudden…its REAL(Brieitbart/Fox Business) news now…right?

lol dude…please stop…

2 Likes

I think hes saying, we can expect Trump to say this when he flip flops his stance, lol

5 Likes
5 Likes