Don't Build a Startup... Build a Movement... 🤔

I think about this a lot… especially for our smaller community that we’re putting together via Patreon:

17 Likes

Building an engine that shifts how people think. That’s how the space ship works.

8 Likes

Great article on how to build up a company in a competitive marketplace by building a loyal following through diverse points of contact.

Of course another way is to have a pair of insanely energetic brothers who create video content non-stop and have a wonderful, easy to use forum packed with well-organized content, an equally active and crazy devoted membership who don’t just lurk but also produce tons of useful thoughtful content themselves, and somehow all of this despite being richly informative is funny as hell!

Geeeezzz, I wonder who I’m talking about? Hmmmmm? :smile:

8 Likes

Sometimes (most of the time) i’m not sure what we have here…! But i’m glad you are here!

5 Likes

Thanks for noticing! We love our community and love this space.

7 Likes

SOOOO glad I found yall!

Thank you for all your hard work! :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

Glad you’re here friend!!

7 Likes

I’d be willing to build a movement (aka startup) with pub members. I’m fully invested into blockchain and the future of what it stands for.

Some stuff I’ve made: https://www.producthunt.com/@sethlouey/made (much, much more than this)

6 Likes

I wonder how much of that can be repurposed…

3 Likes

I stand behind Seth… great guy and long-standing, proven builder.

6 Likes

Does ProductHunt cost money or is there some other kind of a “catch”?

3 Likes

Trust me, it’s already in the works. :wink:

My CTO/co-founder/best friend has over 50 projects made and the #1 maker on Product Hunt. Even though that is awesome and he’s an amazing MVP guy (we can literally build a product in a day or weekend), but what’s most important is growing a product/community around that movement.

What I’ve learned over building all of these projects is that you need a solid team for the longevity of the lifecycle. People who are batshit crazy with a passion… And I’ve seen some batshit passionate crazy people here not just about the gains, but about the future of the tech. :hulksmash:

5 Likes

No catch and free to post. It’s a community around startups, tech, and products.

4 Likes

Thank you, sir :hulksmash:

5 Likes

Product Hunt Ship… does cost money, but that’s for capturing interest and folks to join the launch team. We’re using that for #cryptoyum.

6 Likes

Expensive John? I’ve got an upcoming project so it’s not an idle question.

3 Likes

umm. i think we’re paying $79 a month. that’s not cheap, but… i think it’s worth it so far.

5 Likes

That’s not too bad. Hopefully it’s worth it for people that can’t summon an army of supporters like you and Peter can. That’s always an issue with these services.

3 Likes

Generally, you just want to find someone who is active in the PH community to hunt your product. I think PH Ship is super expensive for what they offer. But that’s just my opinion. I’ve never paid for anything and always get my products on the front page :joy:

4 Likes

Seth, what does it mean to “hunt your product” and how do you get a super-active person to be interested or notice your product?

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠