Etherum Mining overclocking 1080 GPU's

Hi All,

I have a 6 card rig that I just recently got up and running and I am looking for some guidance in overclocking the GTX 1080’s. I am running EthOs so there is no easy GUI to run afterburner. I can type in the CLI for GPU speed, temp, etc…
Does anyone have any guidance as to how overclocked I can get them? I’m currently pushing a fairly consistent 150Mh.

Thanks

3 Likes

I’m going to move this to the sub category Overclocking so that you get more interaction on the thread. Thanks for posting it!

3 Likes

I don’t have any experience with EthOS, but I’ve got a couple 1070s that I use for mining. If I’m doing pure ether mining, I set it to -200 core and +600 memory, and I forget the exact power limit but it’s pretty low. Actual wattage is around 120 I think. I set the fans to a static value, depending on your card you will have to play with it. I try to keep my cards under 70 Celsius.

3 Likes

Each card is different so you may have to slightly modify each overclock. I’ve been using ASUS’s Tweek software to modify our cards.

1 Like

I am using ethos as well and attempting to overclock currently. First I am starting with my less expensive 1050 ti cards to be sure I am doing it right. But here is my experience so far.

I ran a gethelp to get the diagnostic report and then was able to copy the safe values it was running at.

Then I am using the local.conf to adjust the mem value up per card, setting the rest to their safe values.

I have not messed with any other setting.

I am getting some more action for sure off the cards, but I am not sure if I should be adjusting anything else yet?

How did it turn out for you @Supermaham?

2 Likes

Update: I lowered the value for core and my hash rate went down so i reset to default. I have given all the 1050ti cards a mem boost to to 4400, and then i added +400 to the 1080 ti and crashed :slight_smile: After reboot though it is stable, for now. If it stays up no problem until tomorrow I will up it again.

3 Likes

I have a mix of 40 GTX1060/1070’s and I use SimpleminingOS and overclock / undervolt them all via the cloud interface.

It’s really easy. I have Ethos but don’t use it these days apart from to setup/troubleshoot rig builds.

3 Likes

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠