I’ve been searching around and reading various posts about overclocking. I am using HIVE OS and have been over clocking in the HIVE OS overclock section. It seems to be doing good so far. I’m trying to get at least 30Mh/s on ethash to mine Ethereum Classic and I have no idea what I am doing despite reading posts because there doesn’t seem to be a clear cut answer. I am hobby mining.
I have four of these 1070 cares, two SC and two SC2. A few questions.
- Why do people go negative on core clock? Such as -100, etc. What is the max you should go negative or positive? I currently have it at -100.
- The max power draw on these cards are 170w. What is the optimal/safe watt to be at or set a limit to while trying to get at least 30Mh/s? My power limit in HIVE OS is set to 136w.
- I currently have the memory clock at +800. What is the safe/optimal limit?
- My Mh/s went from 106.8Mh/s to 119Mh/s with the above settings. What is the safe Mh/S can you get to with these cards?
- I just bought brand new EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 from Amazon and BHphotovideo for around $669 each, I plan on turning on the switch in HIVE OS to use the ethenlargementpill. Is this pill safe for long term use?
Sorry for the many questions, but I’ve been researching for hours and just thought its time for me to ask the community! Oh I am still waiting for my Molex to 3 pin connector for my mining rig frame fans (I have 5 attached together). For now, I have a Vornado 753 at level 1 at night and lever 2 during the day to keep things cool in Hawaii.