Fire damages CIA headquarters and reveals a gigantic drug lab

cia

Yeah, shared that one too fast. Most likely fake news but I can’t delete it.

This one is real though.

U.S. taxpayers spent $8.62 billion in Afghanistan between 2002 and 2017—solely on combatting poppy cultivation and drug production. The result was an absolute failure, and the report confirmed that “ Afghanistan remains the world’s largest opium producer, and opium poppy is the country’s largest cash crop .”

area under opium poppy cultivation increased by 63% since 2016, reaching a new record high .”

Is it worth spending 8 billion, to prevent potentially hundreds of billions more from being circulated? An increase since 2016 would imply that as soon as forces slow funding for eradication, traffickers use it as a green light to again expand. 8 billion is less than 0.01% of the the military budget, and is less than 500 million a year. It appears more than it is in relation to total budget, which no one really knows unless your on the inside. There are speculations but that is classified from my understanding.

No. It is not worth $8.62 billion if nothing has changed and things have just gotten worse.

Back when the taliban were our “friends”, in 2001, we were crediting them for eliminating the problem. We have been there since 2001 and the cash crop is back and stronger than ever.

I used to work for the New York Times as a corporate account manager, lol, and could be quantitative easing and the insatiable 24/7 mass printing of money, carry the one…add a couple zeros, and wa-la, more money. I understand your point though.