Flashed 56 to 64

Hello,

When i try flashing my new xfx vega 56 to a 64 bios. It says its a mismatch :frowning: Any idea of whats going on?

Best,

Ethan

1 Like

Is there a small toggle switch next to where the power plugs in?

1 Like

I dont believe so :frowning:

1 Like

1 Like

One position is like a stock bios and the other is for flashing modded bios…i flashed a modded bios to my xfx 580 8gb and i really couldn’t get any better hashrate than the stock bios

2 Likes

I dont see the switch :frowning: I am doing it because my rig keeps freezing :frowning: I want them all to be vega 64 bios so I can put the power play on

1 Like

Gimme a sec…i had to reup on corona…almost back at the house…

2 Likes

hahaha all good brother. Thanks for the help… its super frustrating that my rig keeps turning off after 3 hours :frowning:

1 Like

Im having issues with one of mine…the only difference between the 2 rigs…one has an asus mobo and the other an msi…the asus has been giving me a fit

1 Like

I have a asus MOBO too. Are you mining xmr? My rig keeps turning off after 3 hours. I have increased virtual memory to 32gb. I have 16gb ram (overkill i know) max ive gotten 4 cards 2 56 and 2 64s is 7700 H/s. but it keeps dropping after 3 hours or feezes. Not sure what to do… its giving me a headache lol

1 Like

Thats what the switch looks like…its small as hell…20180309_181925|281x500

1 Like

cant see the photo… do you have the new xfx 56? did you see the picture i sent?

1 Like

Mine is a Prime B350M-A the bios v 0611…if you go to the ASUS site i noticed there were at least 5 or 6 bios updates and all had to do with stability…i’ve gotten mine somewhat stable just by lowering the mem clock substantially lower than the rig with the msi mobo

1 Like

1 Like

what do i do with the switch?

1 Like

No mine is an xfx rx 580 8gb…i was saying that could be the problem but to me it seems the stability issue is with the mobo

1 Like

so if the rig or the cast xmr miner freezes, you are thinking its a mobo reason not a GPU reason? I cant seem to flash the damn cards. soooo annoying.

2 Likes

If you are trying to flash bios and you have a switch position the switch in the opposition direction and then flash bios to the gpu

2 Likes

Bro like i said …i have lowered the mem clock in msi afterbuner and it is somewhat stable…maybe every 18 hours or so i will lose video and eventually the cards stop hashing…it drives me nuts…ive tried damn near everything except flashing the mobo bios

2 Likes

Matter of fact its down now…my other rig has an msi b350 mobo and it runs like @peter 's lambo…NEVER crashes

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠