GPU MINING For DUMMIES: A complete guide on GPU mining

Hello All, I am newbie here, I found this article very helpful. I am building rigs and mining since last 18 months but right now I am facing some problems with the overclocking.
This is setting when I am overclocking My GPU Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 08G-P4-5678-KR
Core 1300
Mem 2200
Undervolt 900
What is best setting of GPU Card for overclocking ?

@digipointer, which software are you using for the overclock? I don’t have the same card as you, but one of my PCs that have ASUS Strix ROG 1070Ti has the following MSI Afterburner Settings:

Power Limit=75%
Temp. Limit=92
Core Clock (MHz)=+150
Memory Clock (MHz)=+550
Fan=Auto

The above settings are stable and are quiet (fans). I hope this helps.

The " best setting" will be different from card to card even if they are they exact same model and brand. You have to find the best setting yourself.

Allow me to interject…i tried to run 2 cards on a 450 psu and it would shut down after 15 to 30 minutes of mining…i went to bestbuy and bought an EVGA 850w psu bronze and it fixed the problem…might be worth spending a ben franklin to keep it running…i have 2 cyberpower gaming pc’s that came stock with a 450w EVGA PSU…obviously im a diy guy…not the sharpest knife in the drawer but the 850w psu runs 3 rx 580 cards no problem…ive got 2 @ 3 card rigs…i bought 2 850w psu’s for both rigs…overclocking too much will shut them down too
#justsaying #my2cents

Hey there! What do you think about Zcash cloud mining? Is this information true https://cloudminingprofy.com/en/zcash.html?

Cloud mining is not recommended by many on the Pub. A lot of the cloud mining contracts are not profitable, so if you’re trying to make some money, best avoid Cloud Mining. :wink:

What do u advise? Mining with your own equipment?

There is no point mining ZCash with GPUs, you will likely not get a return on your original investment.

For ZCash use an ASIC Miner, the current batch of ASICs should break even after 2-3 months, after that there will a bit of profit for a few more months before it becomes landfill.

I have 4 Z9 mini ASICs, I broke even in 2 months, now it’s just printing money, currently 0.3 - 0.32 ZEC per day. I’m guessing that I’ll get a few more months out of these ASICs before I send them to the landfill. Or need to buy more miner.

With cloud mining you may never see profit. Buying Bitcoin and holding is safer than cloud mining.

I’ve been playing around with HIVE OS and there’s so many settings and algorithms in mining that I get confused a lot. For mining ETC and nividia GPUs, 1070 and 1080 Ti, would you recommend using Ethminer or Claymore? I’ve read on various forums that Ethminer doesn’t charge a dev fee and claymore does?

Since changing my settings to use the Ethminer instead of claymore dual (I’m not dual mining), my hashrates got much more stable at my overclock settings. For my four 1070 cards, instead of fluctuating from 29-30 Mh/s, it stayed above 30 Mh/s (and slightly above 30, but still under 31) consistently with power limit 110watts and memory overclock only at +880. My two 1080 Ti cards stayed above 50.5 Mh/s consistently without fluctuating down to lower 50mh/s with power limit 160 watts and same overclock settings noted in hiveos but I turned on the ethenlargementpill.

So far so good, but when viewing my progress in my coindash iOS app to monitor from ethermine, my accepted shares is 96.6% and stale shares are now 3.4%, invalid shares 0%. What are stale shares? I know not having invalid shares is good.

Great guide, thanks.

I am a newbie to mining, however I now get 4493 hours of free energy ( out of an annual 8760 ), I am a bit daft not too use it.

Unfortunately I currently have a several year old pc, so I won’t be doing masses of hashing power, although might look at one late next year. However, with that said, what do you think I should be mining to get some form a return?

Bitcoin - which pool to go for? Just plod along mining with low hash, maybe leave machine on 24/7

Or an alt which may have greater return?

Or buy a bunch of raspberry pi for a laugh and learn the mining space a bit more before digging deeper. Or just go a get a decent machine I can play with mine and let the ASICS play on their own

U.K. btw if that makes difference

Cheers !

Dave