Guide to mining to Nicehash using SMOS

decred
nicehash
equihash
smos
dagger-hashimoto

I’ve noticed there appears to be a common misconception among some of the newer miners here that mining to Nicehash requires Windows and the Nicehash Mining software. I have assumed that you have already figured out how to install SMOS to a USB stick, so this short guide aims to assist on setting up SMOS to mine to Nicehash and a variety of miner software included in SMOS.

The following table shows some examples for Nvidia GPU rigs:

Rig Group Notes Rigs Online Miner name Miner Options
NH_DaggerHashimoto Nicehash 0/0 claymore-eth-v11.0 -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://daggerhashimoto.hk.nicehash.com:3353 -ewal USE_YOUR_BTC_ADDRESS_HERE -epsw x -esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0
NH_Equihash Nicehash 0/0 dstm-v0.6.1 –server ssl://equihash.hk.nicehash.com --port 33357 --user USE_YOUR_BTC_ADDRESS_HERE.$rigName --pass x
NH_ETHDCR Dual Mine ETH and Decred on Nicehash 0/0 claymore-eth-v11.0 -epool stratum+tcp://daggerhashimoto.hk.nicehash.com:3353 -ewal USE_YOUR_BTC_ADDRESS_HERE -epsw x -esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0 -dpool stratum+tcp://decred.eu.nicehash.com:3354 -dwal USE_YOUR_BTC_ADDRESS_HERE
NH_Lyra2REv2 Nicehash Lyra2REv2 0/0 ccminer-tpruvot-v2.2.5-cuda8.0 -a lyra2v2 -o stratum+tcp://lyra2rev2.hk.nicehash.com:3347 -u USE_YOUR_BTC_ADDRESS_HERE -p x

In the examples above I have used the Hong Kong (HK) Nicehash servers, change these to US or closer server as required.

Furthermore, if you are mining ETHASH using Nvidia 1080 or 1080Ti you can boost the hash rates significantly by enabling the OhGodAnETHlargementPill option in Global Options in SMOS.

I have not included anything for AMD GPU mining as I don’t own any AMD cards (extra tweaking options are available in some of the miners). I welcome any Pubbers to add these to this thread.

Nicely done. I just saw your suggestion this morning was going to type something similar when I got home this evening as I do not have access to the software at work.

Thank you for posting.