Hashrate dropped after adding more gpu. Need help. Please

Hi everyone. I have a rig with 6 Msi rx 580 armor oc , asus b250 mining expert board, I did bios mod all of them and getting about 28mh on nicehash miner. Today I just add 2 more gpu to the rig, same brand and same model. I have 2 platnium 80plus power supply one 1200w and one 850w both with watt monitor attached to it. After than I try benchmark on nicehash , it showing still around 28mh. But when I start mine, all 8 of my gpu will only have around 20mh. I already try update motherboard bios, reinstall windows 10 and amd mining driver but it doesn’t help. Anyone have any idea? Please help. Thanks so much

2 Likes

Have you watched any videos with bitsbetrippin making this setup work? It might help figure this out while you wait for more experienced miners to comment. How much ram are you using?

1 Like

Hi. Thanks. I watched some video on YouTube about setting up a rig. I m
using 8gb ram now. I m new and mining.

1 Like

I know hes set up similar rigs to what your doing. Is it possible you are not getting enough power to the cards? I think if that were the case the card wouldn’t boot at all.

Also a thought, install 1 card and get to 7 and see if you get a stable hash rate on 7 cards first.

2 Likes

Ok. I m going to give a try. I think it should not be power problem.
Because I used to have 6 card with 1200w psu at very stable 28mh per card.
And I just add 2 more card today and add a new 850w psu to support power to
it. Then it drop to around 20mh per card now. But the funny thing is that
if I stop the miner program. Wait about 15 minutes and restart the miner
program, hashrate will go back to around 28mh per card , but it only
maintain about 10 minutes then will drop down to 20mh per card.

1 Like

are you overclocking your cards? what is your temp?

1 Like

I did bios mod Temperature is aroun 70

1 Like

Have you tried turning down the mem clock speed slightly? what driver is being used?

1 Like

I m using the and block chain driver. Try turn down memory and core already. Doesn’t help

1 Like

Try different, more current drivers if you can, I solved my issues with the adrenaline driver

1 Like

Now I m using only 1 card. Still the same thing happen. First start with 28mh. Then drop to 20mh after 10 minutes of mining. I have no idea now.

1 Like

What driver are you using? Would u mind share a link please

1 Like

That should tell you something though, the fact that anything over 6 cards is causing an issue seems like a driver problem to me.

1 Like

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-17.12.1-Release-Notes.aspx

that might help you. cant promise anything but it MIGHT

1 Like

I m going to put in a new driver and see. Thanks for your help

2 Likes

let us know what happens!

1 Like

If your windows has updated to “The Creators Fall Edition” thats where your problem is. You will need an ISO for an older version and disable all windows updates.

I have also found the 17.12.x doesn’t work very well, i personally use 17.11.2 but you need to download the full driver and not the lightweight installer. The file should be around 300 odd Mb.

If you are using any Crimson driver thats not the beta then you will also need to set all your GPU’s from graphics to Compute.

Just for reference i have 4 x RX580 rigs all with 8 cards in each running, all cards get between 30.5 and 31.2 Mhs, under clocked GPU with overclock RAM. I am running Claymore direct to a pool, i don’t use Nice Hash. all rigs are running Windows with AMD Crimson 17.11.2 drivers.

Have fun… mining is awesome when its working properly… a major pain in the arse when its not… :rofl:

2 Likes

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠