Health Category Anyone...? 💪🏼🏋🏻⛹🏻🏌🏼🚴🏼

I workout every single day and it’s a big reason I’m able to do what I do… I’m always looking for inspiration and increased motivation… and to learn new diets and workout routines…

Anyone else interested?

The Crypto-lifestyle is one of wealth and health… at least to me.

10 Likes

healthy mind needs a perfect healthy Body that’s for sure $

4 Likes

I want to share with you all this quote which i have discovered. It literally blew my mind. Some say it was Dali Lama’s quote but other’s says it was James J. Lachard. Which ever it is here is the quote:

" Someone asked what surprises me the most about humanity. Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

Through this quote I want to add another quote within this quote from Ghandi.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”

So yes don’t forget to live and learn besides taking care of your health and trying get that dough.

8 Likes

Any poker players here will likely know Fedor Holtz, a super successful tournament player who reached the heights of the game like a coin going parabolic. If he had a coin of his own, it no doubt would be the next rocket to the moon. Anyway, when asked which poker book helped him most he thought for a bit and said, well none - it was the books on health and lifestyle that helped him the most. He maintains if it wasn’t for getting everything away from the table in order, he wouldn’t have been as successful as he is at poker.

I think the same applies to any kind of venture or project we want to focus on. If your body and mind run like a bag of bolts, chances are much lower of making a success out of whatever it is you’re trying to do.

Being sedentary, we should all be super mindful of making time to exercise, and getting the heart rate going at the appropriate max level for your age a few times per week. I think there’s growing research showing obesity might not be the killer we thought it was, rather the problem often being more linked to the sedentary lifestyle.

It’s all the same though: healthy mind and body will lead to better decisions.

Working out every single day is a helluva standard to set, John…

3 Likes

I’m genuinely interested in reading anything that tries to point to obesity not being a primary point of mortality and instead points the finger at a strictly sedentary lifestyle. The idea disturbs me and brings to mind the fat acceptance movement.

Being sedentary has its own cons and I’m not advocating for that, either. Plenty of skinnyfat people out there that are also in poor health.

If you are obese (by BMI standards) and non-sedentary you would likely fall into powerlifter territory and that is a very, very small percentage of the general public.

Open to being wrong.

2 Likes

I hadn’t previously looked at any primary research, only having briefly seen a journalistic article that said as much. However, Google Scholar brings up quite a lot.

This meta analysis claims that being “overweight” is associated with significantly lower all-cause mortality rates, while “grade 1 obesity” was not associated with higher mortality. Only grades 2 and 3 were associated with higher risk of all cause mortality.

This study reports that “Avoiding all inactivity would theoretically reduce all-cause mortality by 7.35%…Corresponding estimates for avoiding obesity (BMI >30) were 3.66%”.

I remember being irked by the headline (it was on the bbc website iirc) suggesting obesity was not as bad as we thought, but it’s not always as simple as saying “x causes y”, and seems like just blaming obesity for premature death might be directing our attention towards the wrong factor.

I don’t see how you would necessarily “fall into power lifter territory” when you’re obese (BMI >30) and non-sedentary.

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠