So i have a ASUS PRIME Z270P mother board
1000 W corsair PS
4gb DDR4 ram
INTEL CELLERON CPU
1 AMD Vega 56 GPU
1 AMD Vega 64 GPU
1 Power button
windows 10 on a USB drive

I have put everything together and the mother board lights up and the GPU starts when turning on the power button, but I cant get ANYTHING (windows 10 to load or just anything to show up). This is my first time building a computer and a mining rig, JUST AN FYI. I have a TV with an HDMI cord plugged into it.

I have tried to switch the PCIE slot the the longest one on the motherboard and plug the HDMI cable from the tv to my vega 56 graphics card. I am only using one graphics card for now… and will add another one later.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited!

CryptoEthan

1 Like

bro, forget about windows. just plug the usb stick in.

one thing ive learned mining is, downtime=losing money.

1 Like

i know man… but i also want to flash the graphics cards so I can get better hash rate. Thanks though will consider in future builds.

1 Like

if you wanna go windows route, youre going to want to go into the bios, and disable the onboard graphics card. try it out.

1 Like

I have no idea how to go into the bios?

1 Like

ill try to find a youtube video on how to walk you through it, or you could just youtube search “bios amd windows mining” those tags should get you some good hits. honestly though, if you dont know how to mess around with the BIOS, and youre having a hard time troubleshooting, id worry about hash rates after the rig was up and running.

2 Likes

Listen to to @blockchange just figure out how to get things up and mining before figureing out how to mod a BIOS on a GPU. Secondly you need windows only to mod the BIOS not to run the mining rig. If you are unsure how to enter the BIOS of the motherboard and change from internal GPU to descreet GPU you are going to kill your cards modding the BIOS.

Honestly you need to watch more videos and read this thread.

1 Like

Is the cpu posting at least. If not check all your power connections and make sure you didn’t forget to connect any. Sounds like you have no cpu power. The fan will still spin because it has power from the mobo. Just check all your connections.

1 Like

yeah the fan works when i turn on the power button. Ive read alot and did a lot of research :frowning: i am not going to a system that I havent learned about with no monitor… the flashing of graphics cards doesnt seem that bad too. Anyways any helpful feedback would be great.

1 Like

@CryptoEthan I’m glad you started another topic to get this all figures out. Seeing as you haven’t gotten anything to work yet, I highly recommend you follow these steps.

1. Unplug your GPUs
  2. Plug your monitor into the motherboard display port (HDMI, DVI, VGA whatever)
  3. Plug in the Windows Install USB
  4. Turn on the computer

If by this point you still have no display, please check and make sure that you have the monitor or TV on the correct source. Such has HDMI 1, 2, DVI, VGA, Etc.

If you STILL don’t have any picture on your monitor, PLEASE take a picture of your setup so we can see if anything is not connected correctly.

I will stop here on instructions until I hear how it went.

2 Likes

Also, I’m looking at the pictures you posted on the last topic. Your RAM is plugged into the wrong slot. You have it plugged into slot 4. You need to plug it into Slot 1 which is the slot closest to the CPU.

2 Likes

THANK YOU! I will do all this when I get home!

1 Like

Okay… ughhhh still nothing works… everything turns on and i put the ram in the closest spot. Turned on the the motherboard and everything lights up. The TV is on hdmi 1 and its on the right channel. the graphics card is unplugged. Is it really this hard… ughhhh feel like such a noob :frowning:

1 Like

Should i take out the on off switch for the GPU?

1 Like

i also really appreciate your help… i dont think you understand :slight_smile: @ImaginaryPi

2 Likes

just checked everything is plugged in correctly and i hear snaps on each :(((((( UGHHH so frustrating. I have the right ram ddr4 plugged into the right spot… must be something small ugh. Will try again.

1 Like

Do u have a monitor that is not hdmi and has the mobo white monitor plug. If you do try that. Also Unplug everything from the mobo except the monitor and see if it posts to the monitor. That means the mouse keyboard and boots usb. Also put the boot usb in another computer that works and set usb to first boot device and make sure you have a good usb boot. If you have a case speaker connect it and see if you are getting any beep warnings.

1 Like

alright guys im a fucking noob. I just didnt have the ram plugged in the right way… its up and going!!!

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠