Help me pick a GPU

Hei lads :smiley:

Im new to the pub and it looks awsome, i’m becoming a regular :smiley:
Building my first rig and looking for some help picking a gpus.

I live in Norway and this is what i can pick from now, what do you guyz think?

*XFX Radeon RX Vega 64 Black Fan HDMI 3xDP 8GB = 640 $
*Gigabyte Aorus Radeon RX 580 HDMI 3xDP 8GB = 384.62$
*INNO3D GeForce GTX 1070 Twin = 480$ (anyone tryed this Inno3d before) ?

I want to buy 4 cards i think and i have to 980 gtx laying around i want to put in to the rig if thats smart ? :smiley:

I absolutely love the name and the picture haha. Coinskank lol.

It depends on what you want to mine, AMD for ETH, Nvidia for Zcash. Someone else might be able to tell you if the 980 GTX will work the 1070 GTX, I’m still a newbie.

I’ve had an Inno3D card before and it was not stable, the Ram was faulty, but that was over 10 years ago.

Would recommerced the 1070GTX it’s good for both algorithm like ethash and equihash. Its more flexible then the AMD cards.

Okay it will be the 1070 then :smiley: i just ordered a bitmain l3+ today aswell so my gpu rigg budget got smashed:P But im going all and and building the gpu rigg aswell:D

And ye plz let me know if any1 know if its okay to run the old 980s whit the 1070s :smiley:

if you use simplemining OS, i expected there is no issues

Where did you order the L3+ from and for how much?

https://shop.bitmain.com/antminer_l3_litecoin_asic_scrypt_miner.htm

think i was 2250$ whit shipping and psu:D

Ye awsome guide man :slight_smile: looove it

All nvidia cards will work together without any problem. I had a rig running gtx960, gtx970 and 1070 and it worked flawlessly. Just set different OC profiles in afterburner.

Allrigt lads,

I have the gpu’s now and i got 2x1080ti good price and 2x1070 and my 2x980s. :smiley: So its a nvida 6 cards for now!

I have 2x750w EVGA supernova PSUs and was wondering how would you guyz spit up the power? I was thinking maybe run the 1080ti’s and the system on nr1 and rest of the cards on nr2?

Each 8 pin connector supports 150w of power and pcie 16x supports up to 75w so just balance it out. You can even connect 2 power supplies to one gpu and it will still work.

You really should have your powered pcie risers / MB / SSD all powered from the same power supply as I have seen grounding issues in the past when this wasn’t done and actually smoked two 960’s by not doing this. I know there are a lot of people out there that do not follow this rule and have not had issues. I am not saying you have to do this just saying it is a best practice.

I will do that :slight_smile: tnx for the tip !