HELP, windows cant detect my graphics card

Hello,

I have my rig up and going, the power to my vega 56 is one and the fan is turning but windows 10 wont detect the GPU. when I go under display settings.

Thanks,

Ethan

1 Like

Can you take a picture of the setup so we can verify everything is plugged in correctly?

2 Likes

got it to work… but now its not identifying both my gpus… i have a vega 56 and a vega 64… only the vega 64 is detected after I installed the drivers…

1 Like

so the first slot is defective so i put it in the other longer slot and it worked… but windows is not detecting my second card for some reason… I have a vega 56 and 64. Right now only the GPU that is plugged into the monitor works or is detected.

1 Like

I have the vega 64 already running and mining… it just wont detect the second card in slot 4 (0,1,2,3,4) slot 3 which is plugged into the monitor works and is mining

1 Like

If you think you have defective ports, then it isn’t worth continuing the build. You should return the board and get a new one or else you won’t ever be able to fully build it out.

I always start with the highest PCI port for my first card. That is the card I plug the monitor into. After that I start from the bottom and work my way down. Always installing 1 GPU at a time.

2 Likes

Yes, I am going to return. But cant get the 2nd GPU up… I think the other ports work… do you know what I could do to test? Maybe im doing something wrong?

1 Like

I am also super noob to building rigs, but I got it going and mining :stuck_out_tongue: Just cant my 2nd GPU to show up :frowning:

1 Like

There are a lot of things you could have possibly done wrong. I can’t see all of your setup in those pictures.

Check and make sure all your connections are secure. You can test the GPU by switching it out with the port that you know is work. Then you will be able to see if the GPU or riser is bad. If it works, and you still can’t get the second GPU to initialize, you may be dealing with a BIOs setup issue.

Have you gone through your BIOs and made sure everything is correct?

I go through a lot of that setup here. BUILDER'S GUIDE - How to assemble your GPU mining rig!

2 Likes

yes my bios are basically the same as the ones in the link that you provided! Will try the other ports to see if it works. Its basically just plugging them in and then turning on windows to see if they are in the display adapters?

1 Like

Have you changed out your risers? More often than not this is the issue with detection is crappy risers.

1 Like

alright so its a GPU issues even though I have no idea why… i plugged the 56 into where the 64 was and it wont turn on… any help on this issue?

1 Like

Pretty much it should just be plug it in and then let windows detect it. Make sure you have power to the riser, and power to the GPU.

2 Likes

did that. not a riser issue.

1 Like

so i plugged the other gpu in the slot that works and its fine… sighhhhh.

1 Like

so should i go return the 56? or is there anything i can do to fix this? the graphic card turns on and fan spins…

1 Like

Where did you get your Hardware from? Bad motherboard, bad GPU?

If you are plugging the GPU into all known working ports (power, pci riser, etc.) then yes, it’s probably a bad GPU. Return it and get a new one. There isn’t really anything you can do at this point to fix the GPU.

2 Likes

best buy.

Thanks,

Ethan

1 Like

you might have to down load the drivers for it

1 Like

i downloaded the drivers and currently one gpu is mining… so impretty sure i did it right… the thing is the GPU turns on and fan spins…

1 Like

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠