Help with my mining rig

Hello,

I am building a 2 GPU AMD Vega 56 and 64 mining rig, I have put together everything but not really sure how to get everything set up in terms of monitor. I have a TV that I am using a hdmi and have windows 10 USB drive. Do I just plug everything in and then it should turn on? I saw in one youtube video that one person connected his graphics card to the monitor? Not sure if I can do that with the Vega 56s.

ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ethan

1 Like

There are many ways to do it but this is what I would recommend for you.

1. Unplug all of the GPUs
  2. Plug the HDMI from the motherboard into the TV or monitor.
  3. Install Windows and everything
  4. Install 1 GPU at a time

The first GPU you install, install it on the first PCI slot, its the long one. This way you won’t have to switch the monitor around.

You can also enable using the on-board graphics instead of the GPUs. That’s another way that you can do it.

3 Likes

2nd on that, and 20 characters

1 Like

Due to these being AMD you will need at minimum an HDMI dummy plug or the HDMI cable going to your TV plugged into one of your cards or the windows drivers do not work correctly. Or atleast that is what I am told. I do not mess with AMD to big a pain in the arse with bios mods and crap.

1 Like

So basically I have tried to do everything you have told me and nothing is working. Remember I am a complete noob and this is my first time installing windows 10 on anything. Do I need to press any buttons? I put the windows 10 on a usb drive from the windows website. Do I just turn on the motherboard and the GPU and it should work? Sorry a lot of questions. I also have a AMD Vega 56 so there is a HDMI slot on the graphics card that I can plug right into the TV aka monitor. Anything would be helpful! I moved the GPU to the longer slot instead of the 1st PCIE

1 Like

make sure there is ram, cpu, hard drive on the board.

make sure the board is connected to the power supply in both the 24 pin and the 8 pin plug.

make sure the usb drive with windows 10 is in .iso format.

now turn it on, you should see a logo with the manufacturer of your motherboard on the bottom of the screen it will say “boot options press f9” click f9 and you should see the bios module there you can select the computer to boot from usb and the windows installation process should begin.

Once is installed turn it off and insert the cards and install the drivers

1 Like

it may be the tv resolution isn’t right? are you seeing anything on the screen?

3 Likes

ram, cpu, hard drive all on board.

Power supply has both the 24 pin and 8 pin plug in

Windows 10 is in .iso format

The tv is plugged into a hdmi on the mother board and i left the graphics card unplugged. I dont see the boot option :frowning:

1 Like

1 Like

does bios see the usb device?

2 Likes

no :frowning: i launch and nothing happens :frowning:

1 Like

yes am seeing a rectangle saying that there is no signal.

1 Like

mother board and graphics card turns on though…

1 Like

does the motherboard have an hdmi slot? (not the graphics card)

2 Likes

does the motherboard beep at all when you boot it up?

1 Like

yes, motherboard has a hdmi slot that is what the tv is currently plugged into

1 Like

and you have the input correct on tv? for pc?

1 Like

it does not beep. 20 characters

1 Like

make sure the ram is in slot 1 and seated properly other than that is really hard to diagnose without being there. Everything seems to be plugged in correctly.

1 Like

are you sure your ram is compatible?

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠