Honey, Honey, Everywhere! 🐝 🐝 🐝

YO…!

The wonderful @sebrock sent @peter and I some sweet homemade honey (did you know he’s a beekeeper and has hives and all that crazy :poop:?!?)!

What’s neat is that @sebrock and I hung out back in September…! He was the first pubber that I met IRL!

SWEET!

So… on to the story… …

I get a notice from him about some mysterious package…

What could it be…?

Check it:

Oooooooh… what could possibly be inside…?!

@sebrock’s organic… whahhhhhhahhhhh… … what could this mean?

Hmm…

LOLOLOL!

SOOOO MUCH HONEY!!!

Had to try some in my tea:

Oh, and he also sent these things for the little doges:

Apparently… they are banned in the US?

LOL.

THANK YOU @sebrock! You’re the best! And, can’t wait to learn more about your beekeeping activities!

Interested in sending us stuff? You can always do that…

38 Likes

Epic! Love it! Love our community!

20 Likes

Wow! those honey! <3

9 Likes

Oh man, that is awesome. I love Honey myself, good stuff.

8 Likes

WHA!! Honey and Kinder nice!

5 Likes

Love it, I got one glass of honey as well!

6 Likes

That’s awesome!!! If I still lived up in the middle of the mountains I’d have my chickens and some hives! Can’t have 'em in town though :frowning: Nice of you to share with our hard working leaders @sebrock!!!

4 Likes

Glad you like it!
Here’s a picture of my hives’ location:

22 Likes

Excellent!! I am building a bee box at the moment with a few pals o mine. Gonna get the shit stung out of myself woohoo!!

Little viewing windo and obligatory dog booty :wink:

12 Likes

For once, someone needs to play the bad cop: A Bitcoin whale needs a personal taster.

You are going to run into many unforeseen situations as public figures. Stay safe.

5 Likes

8 Likes

Your long post on digital will got me.pale whale tale

1 Like

Valid remark. :bulb:
@john will have to trust me that it´s not poisoned.

On the other hand, what would be a motif to kill @john?

4 Likes

Cool! :honeybee: :honey_pot:
Please share the progress on this.

I never bothered to build hives myself.
I am ordering them from a sheltered workshop, thereby supporting people with disabilities.
One plus is, that I can use their invoice as a tax deductible :slight_smile:
http://www.bwmk.de/fileadmin/user_upload/Pdf_s/bergwinkel/Bergwinkel-Imkerei-Katalog_2016.pdf

7 Likes

As long as the poison was paid for in cryptocurrency, we will allow it.

3 Likes

‘Scientific research’ says Norway and Japan…:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Nice, a fellow beekeeper in the Bitcoin Pub.

I hope you will increase the number of hives with earnings on BTC.
How much did it cost you to send honey to the US, and is it legal?

These are my hives…

13 Likes

Wow! 11 hives :slight_smile:
And that is in Croatia, right?
For how long have you been a beekeeper?
I am assuming it´s a hobby for you as well?
11 hives wouldn´t suffice to make a living of it, right?

I didn´t really want to have more than 4 max. to warrant I would have enough time to provide an adequate level of care.
Last year deployed the 3rd, not sure if this one will make it through the winter.
It seemed a little weak, when I applied the Oxalic acid treatment a couple of weeks ago.
The weather this year was not in favor of bees but excellent conditions for those varroa mite fuckers :angry:
Although the spring had started off well, we got a rather cold phase around the time when apple bloom would have been.

I paid nothing for shipping of the honey to the US, because my sister took it in her baggage on her flight to SFO.
She had to go there on business travel.

From Germany, DHL would charge 36€ for a package up to 2 kg which is rather steep.
It´s actually legal to bring honey and you don´t have to declare it or get a permit.

General Food

The following are generally admissible if they are unopened and commercially packed. Many prepared foods that are unopened and commercially labeled are admissible (excluding meats and meat products). You may bring bakery items and most cheeses into the United States. As a general rule, condiments, vinegars, oils, packaged spices, honey, coffee, fish, tea, and baby formula are admissible. Because rice can often harbor insects, it is best to avoid bringing it into the United States, particularly if it is in loose burlap packaging. Foods in packaging that appears unsafe or contaminated may be refused entry.

Source: CBP website

5 Likes

I expect tons of honey from you now…!! :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

6 Likes

There is something called Urban Beekeeping, even in the US. :honeybee:
I don´t know how different states´ laws and regulations vary :man_shrugging:
You might want to have a look here.

http://honeylove.org/

4 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠