I finally did it - I quit My Weed Addiction - GOT MY MOON TICKET!

I finally quit cannabis!!! I’m over one week clean. It’s been a long road. I’ve been smoking the ganja for sixteen years and developed a psychological addiction to it. I smoked all day, everyday. I’ve wanted to quit for a few years now. I tried and failed so many times, but I recently reached the point where I simply had enough and I finally psyched myself up to take the fucking leap and just DO IT!!! I feel great. I feel strong. I have my challenges from day to day, but my mindset has greatly shifted to more important things and I’m looking forward and staying focused on growth.

Oh, and I finally got my moon ticket!!! Let’s ride, my dudes!!!

16 Likes

:pray: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: :pray:

5 Likes

Trade that addiction for a stacking sats addiction. Even Trump is getting on the train now!

9 Likes

hell yeah man, I quit last year and ended up actually getting into crypto as a result, and here we are, lol. It definitely has helped me see to see the bigger picture beyond pot. Cheers m8, don’t be to hard on yourself if you fall back, just start over.

7 Likes

Good for you man! I’ve always contemplated quitting, although I only smoke to sleep.

Also congrats on your moon ticket!!!

6 Likes

One week is pretty fresh. Stay strong mate! Next goal 2 weeks!

7 Likes

I’ve been clean and sober for over 12 years. Big congrats on making your decision! BTC won’t keep you clean, but it’s a much better use of your money, lol. Just take your sobriety 1 day at a time and find some like minded people to hang out with.

8 Likes

Thank you all for the kind words and support. Every day clean is a win :grin: Let’s keep stackin’ sats!

8 Likes

Those neural paths paved thru the years will not dissolve easily, @heavilyarmedclown Collin mentioned the same point, replace that addiction with another useful one :muscle::surfing_man:‍♂

6 Likes

He is??? How do you know that? :hushed:

4 Likes

Sounds like a ringing endorsement to me :grin:

8 Likes

Thanks so much for telling us your life changing story! stay the course!

9 Likes

Inspirational man awesome

7 Likes

Excellent. You’re doing it right!

6 Likes

Thanks Petah! Driveshow has been a big inspiration and motivator :muscle:

6 Likes

Thanks! Keep spreading the good word about http://driveshow.tv!

5 Likes

That’s awesome, way to go man… see you on the moon :bitrocket:

5 Likes

Me too bro :slight_smile: I’m two weeks without coffee, yesterday, and two weeks without medical cannabis this coming Sunday. I’ve been using cannabis for 17 years. I feel good. I too have gone through times of wanting to quit. My senior year in high school I stopped for almost a full semester (I was very active at church), I went three weeks in SE Asia not using cannabis (I didn’t want get executed and I drank 2 beers/day), and six weeks in jail free from cannabis. These are the longest times of freedom from cannabis addiction since I first began. I have chosen to quit for my mental health and professional career development. The biggest notice I have since quitting, is very vivid dreams, which I’m told will pass. I’m also happy I haven’t drank alcohol since last year. My sister dropped out of med school because of alcoholism, returned to med school, has graduated at THE top of her class, and she is also completing her MBA at the same time. No more, alcohol, cannabis, loritabs, mushrooms, X, coke, crack, tramadol, DMT, codeine, xanax or cid. :smiley: I’ve been overcoming sex addiction too. I probably have an addictive personality, so I want to get “addicted” to the right things. I think one of the best pieces of advice from an alcoholic in substance abuse treatment was, “When I feel like drinking, I just take the money and go buy groceries.” Eating healthy is so much better for us. Also, if we have enough food, we stay stacking sats :+1: I’m really proud of you man, and you should be proud of yourself too. No doubt, shout out to driveshow.tv for the motivation and extra push. I was so stoned three weeks ago, feeling very good, but then I had this random dark thought to go and swallow all of the medicine prescribed to me for mental illness.Too much cannabis will exhaust the dopamine and serotonin in our systems, which can cause clinical depression. Life is too short, and too beautiful to be wasting precious time and resources on unhealthy addictions. I’m glad that you are feeling great and strong, :muscle: me too man. I’ve been enjoying exercise, eating well, a few days of work, naps, and gradually more time with family.

6 Likes

Wow! Thank you for sharing that! You’re right. We’re all addicted to something, so we may as well get addicted to the right things. You’ve been through and have overcome a lot. Stay strong and keep stacking those sats! God bless!

5 Likes

Congrats man. That 1 BTC is sweet!

5 Likes