ICON - The Long Game [Insiders First]

I thought it would be nice to have a slow paced, troll-free thread on ICON (ICX) where we don’t have to navigate such hard hitting questions as " Is January 24th considered end of the month?"

Let’s have a place where we can post real news with limited tales of FUD and FOMO.

However, let’s brag about those gainz though!

66 Likes

A step in the right direction for @HarryvdV 's :vitalik: mental health.

12 Likes

It looks like people are mistaking the mainnet launch for the Icon Annual Summit: The Genesis. The fun ICON party where we might see the platform in action is slated for the 31st of January. The letdown over mainnet has apparently caused a bit of FUD (even in our own community) and current ICX prices are below 70k sats. I’m in no rush to buy back in outside of my DCA, but if it nears 60k sats, I think I’ll be happy to smash a little more into it.

11 Likes

Just what we need. I stopped posting for a few weeks in the thread because there was nothing but meaningless content. But thanks for starting this one. will check in periodically when events unfold!

15 Likes

Just throwing this out there. As this is a Korean project, are we being left out because we’re only consuming news in English? E.g. is there a Korean telegram or such which hence may communicate more?

Just a thought?

8 Likes

Due to the demographics of its investors, i would doubt that anyone in Korea knows any more than anyone outside of Korea. lol we are talking about South Korea not North Korea haha

4 Likes

Awesome. Way too many people banking on short-term profits in that thread. The “mooning” mental masturbation is fun but unproductive.

14 Likes

So many people sold because they believed the fake news that the main net was delayed again. As if the team was going to give minute by minute updates on how the launch was going. Some super impatient people in the crypto world.

11 Likes

I gave up on the previous threads just too many posts with out any actual information. Glad to see this one here hope @HarryvdV joins us.

13 Likes

I’ll hang around :wink: daf asdf

10 Likes

I think making an ICON supporters thread in the Patreons section is a good move. A lot of unnecessary things going on in the non-Patreon one.

23 Likes

Greatly appreciated good sir

5 Likes

I think this would also be a good way to get more patreons. People value what @HarryvdV and others that are patreons already have to say in the thread.

10 Likes

Good idea @dearscotty thanks… The long haul

6 Likes

Haven’t really been following the other ICON threads… Opening the pub page and seeing 700+ new post isn’t really inviting. Got into the DCA as well since the beginning of January.

I think a big contributing factor to all the fud is that people are nowadays so accustomed to instant gratification and don’t really take time to get to know what or with whom they’re interacting with. For example, in ICON-s telegram chat there was probably over 50 messages a day from people asking when mainnet was supposed to launch, and having said that they just bought in few minutes ago.

Yea… I should also read more crypto news on my own, but have mostly been following DCTV :smiley:, but at least I’m not going to put my money in something I haven’t at least learned the gist of it.

Sorry for bitchin… ;D

8 Likes

Thanks for starting this Patreon only thread. I understand people were looking forward to the main net launch today but I had no expectations or disappointment tied to this one day. I’m playing the long game with ICON! Glad to have you guys keeping things sane around here!

11 Likes

Do like this thread! I share similar views to most of you. I don’t like scrolling through hundreds of new posts each day about ICX - which rarely contain useful (or new) info. Usually the same questions being asked over and over. I’ll be watching this thread though!

8 Likes

This is why we make these threads… behind the patreon wall! yay!

35 Likes

Thank you for making this thread.

7 Likes

Oh wow. THANK YOU!!! Now this is a breath of fresh air. This is where Siggy will hang out to talk ICX :slight_smile:

Wishing you all amazing gainz and lets just enjoy the journey, through ALL the twists and turns…its all good in the hood!!!

13 Likes