IOTA - Coin Review

Here is my fuller take on IOTA. Props to @L4z0r for the first pass

Will be making the video off of this:

Will post my review video of it here… however. I’m wondering right now… should I just DO IT LIVE!!!

24 Likes

Really like these summary sheets, quick to read/digest - gives opportunities for additional personal thought. Well done!

(Note: I still do not hold IOTA and do not expect to in the immediate future) :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for this Peter. I’ll have a look into it myself when I find some time after assessment!

1 Like

I think you should go live. We missed you man! :slight_smile:

1 Like

We doing it live in 30 min! Come join me for my live review of IOTA!

Tweet it out!

4 Likes

Are we watching the fight as well? :smiley:

3 Likes

it’s easier to believe in crypto, when smart asian dude hits it with analytical process.

6 Likes

Thank you, Peter, for checking out my sheet. I’m happy to have the chance to learn from you in order to be able to do better analysis in the future. As I mentioned in my thread, I’m just a nerdy guy with a background in biology and fitness sciences who has been diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, and I have never done this kind of reviews. Your analysis will be much more useful for the community for sure. Thanks for keeping your content free, giving us the chance to learn and make informed decisions.

1 Like

IOTA team http://iotasupport.com/foundation.shtml

1 Like

IOTA is a really good tech but by the time that tech is implemented, we will probably no longer be alive.
We need to go to the moon in a few years not when we are dead :smiley:

3 Likes

You Said “IOTA cant be exchange”.

I exchage ETH for IOTA, on bitfinex.

2 Likes

As @peter was doubting any 5/10-year timescales with respect to Internet of things.
From my job in the IT Service/Outsourcing/Cloud, I do have some professional insights into what´s going on in this industry.
I can confidently say (IoT) is well underway.

The scope of IoT is across all industries.
Distributed systems on a blockchain and IOTA are indeed an enabling technology for IoT, as are Cloud and 5G communications.
The need for a reliable, auditible identity and trust management can be achieved with blockchain and applications like IOTA.

While, as you mentioned, for us consumers, right now it´s only our fridge and smart TV might want to communicate.
Soon enough, each light switch and light bulb in our houses will do the same.

On an industry level, for example, all machines in a factory will have an IP and ‘talk’ to each other.
So will all traffic lights, street lamps, trains etc.

Just think of autonomous driving. All these cars want to be (securely!!) connected and communicate with their owner, manufacturer, workshop, toll booths, parking and traffic control systems etc.
See how quickly TESLA has been and continues to disrupt the car industry with auto pilot.
The automotive industry is very active in trying to catch up with them.

Just my 2 satoshis :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You can exchange for BTC on Bitfinex Peter.

3 Likes

iota can be changed for btc and usd on bitfinex!!

2 Likes

peter you do the data/dirty work…tell us what to buy…we ll buy …sell at run up and invest in BTC…:grin:

2 Likes

Any comment on ivan the programer re. Iota github?

1 Like

Thanks Peter. I have some mixed feelings on IOTA based on my experience. I invested a little a few months ago and got my IOTA off Bitfinex into the wallet. On 3 occassions the F*%& balance just disappears. You have to go through hoops to see it again and right now (3rd time) I still can’t see my IOTA. Oddly my IOTA would be more secure sitting on Bitfinex. The light wallet and the full wallet do not consider the average user and I think I’m pretty technical. As you mentioned, for you as an end user to participate in the Tangle, you have to configure the full client with 7 “neighbors”. The problem with that is that you yourself have to go to slack and troll for neighbors in your area. Good luck finding 7 in the US, I tried. In my opinion, this project has a long long ways to go. Node to node Tangle will not be anytime soon without mass adoption which is not possible the way the client works now. 5-7 years from now? Yes they have the potential to take over things, but realistic node to node use case Tangling in the near term? No way. If I can ever see my balance again, I am considering sending it back to Bitfinex and take profit before they cut us Americans loose.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Great review @peter . I think you are very skilled at analyzing. I work with IoT myself and the vision is grand but pretty impossible to achieve. Global companies are protective of data and i dont see that changing any time soon. The idea is great though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the review man! :slight_smile: great analysis :slight_smile:

1 Like

This ICO is going to be using IOTA https://modum.io/
I just exchanged few emails with Dr. Serguei Popov (wrote IOTA white paper and involved in the project). The system is up and running but still remains the question if they will be able to deliver on all their promises. Let’s keep digging

2 Likes

💰 YEN · DCTV ·️ Bitcoin Lambo · 10 Days of Bitcoin ·️ CEO's Brainpan 🧠