Iota time to get out

Yea I saw Walton coin pop up a few times and it seems to be sitting in a nice position on the charts. I’ll look into the videos and do some reading up on it. Thanks! :+1:t3:

I’m especially impressed by the CEO who has a PhD in Electrical Engineering and is or was a professor at a Korean university. They also have ties to Samsung and have a number of patents on RF chip technology. They are in talks with various major players to get their ecosystem (RF id and blockchain) adopted. They are aiming to be among the top 4 coins by the end of 2018.

I agree it probably was on good faith but what I have a problem with is how it was handled they were asked for a link to the article.

I’ll wait for the actual data to emerge. Speculation doesn’t help here. It just induces FUD.

@MoneyMan - i’ve written articles for the IEEE before. Huh.

HAHAHAHA watching that kid was like watching a SpaceX launch - followed his entire powerband from ignition to orbit

Kool I’ll look them up! :sunglasses::+1:t3:

The coordinator is planned to be eventually phased out, if anyone here was wondering about iota being centralized right now.

I totally agree, @ravindram. There are simple situations like this where people just act crazy on the internet where in the real world such attitude would be unthinkable.

IOTA Price Technical Analysis: No Room for Recovery

https://www.ccn.com/iota-price-technical-analysis-no-room-for-recovery/

IOTA Price Technical Analysis: No Room for Recovery

I rest my case, see my post from months ago and I got told to go forth and multiply…lol … you can only tell them but they won’t listen…R.I.P. iota…

I think IOTA is a good one to put in one’s anti-portfolio along with many other duds it’s not a stable project at all.

IOTA Price Affected by Controversy, Internal Strife

IOTA, the tenth largest cryptocurrency by market cap, has lost a third of its value over the past seven days after a string of controversies pointed to internal divisions and unethical practices at the Berlin-based Foundation. Bloodshed in the broader cryptocurrency market has hastened its decline with bitcoin and the majors on track for double-digit losses.

MIOTA Price Update

IOTA’s native currency MIOTA is down almost 23% at the time of writing, far outpacing the broader market’s 14% slump. The MIOTA price is currently trading at $0.615, according to CoinMarketCap, its lowest since November.

Trade volumes have more than doubled from a week ago to average $74.2 million on Wednesday. Bitfinex accounted for more than 40% of the daily turnover while Binance processed nearly 30% of total trades.

IOTA’s rapid depreciation renders the technical charts virtually obsolete in explaining the coin’s short-term trajectory. However, the massive selloff has raised red flags over possible price manipulation at the hands of Bitfinex traders. As CCN reports, the MIOTA token is priced significantly lower on Bitfinex than on other major exchanges.

Failed Partnership, Internal Strife

IOTA has been in the headlines for all the wrong reasons lately after Sirin Labs, the creator of the blockchain smartphone Finney, announced it would not pursue a partnership with the company.

The original Finney whitepaper said the smartphone’s operating system will be developed using IOTA’s Tangle blockchain. Sirin Labs’ CEO Moshe Hogeg told media that his company has “decided to go in a different direction.”

Evidence of internal strife at the IOTA Foundation has also come to light following the release of a leaked chat log between project co-founders Sergey Ivancheglo and Dominik Schiener.

“I inform everyone that I [no] longer trust Dominik Schiener and I think he should quit the IOTA Foundation for the better future of IOTA,” Ivancheglo said, as per the transcript.

Although it is not entirely clear why Ivancheglo wants to oust his partner, the chat log reveals a lengthy discussion about how Schiener will be replaced.

This isn’t the first time the IOTA Foundation has been the center of controversy. Back in April, co-founder David Sønstebø accused former employee Per Lind of using the company brand for personal gains. He even went as far as calling Lind a “charlatan” who “couldn’t handle a calculator if his life depended on it.

Interesting article. I never invested in IOTA myself, but have heard interesting things in its early days. So is it truly in its death throes?

IOTA Price Analysis: Audi and IOTA Partnership Moving Strong; Price Behaviour Not Reflecting That

• IOTA and Audi partnership is said to be progressing forward, according to Audi representative.
  • Price action for IOTA remains tilted to the downside, and a bearish technical set up eyed.

IOTA (MIOTA) price remains very much depressed, in line with current stubborn market conditions. It continues to trade around the lowest levels seen since July 2017, with a lack of slowdown signs for now. Since the start of the year, the price is down a chunky 95%. The bears have the opportunity to run this further south, as there isn’t much in the way of support seen. This is all despite the strong growth fundamental prospects for IOTA.

Audi and IOTA Partnership Moving Strong

Earlier this year, IOTA announced a partnership with Audi Think Tank as the foundation was moving with the development of a permission-less mobility ecosystem. IOTA believes this structure of working is a strong route to understand how automakers are approaching innovation and development. The foundation previously noted that they see it as a great opportunity to incorporate into a new mobility solution, backed by strong suite of skills that Audi associates possess.

An update hit the wires this week, suggesting the Audi and IOTA partnership is progressing forward. The venture development manager at Audi Denkwerkstatt Berlin, Malte Schönfeld, provided some commentary via his LinkedIn account:

“What an awesome experience! The last five months we had a great time at the Audi Denkwerkstatt Berlin. Working in cross functional teams with IOTA on a new project. With the focus on enabling trust for the user in emobility, we pushed a new use case to reality. Stay tuned for further Information.” Matt Schönfeld also sent many thanks to all that are involved with the project, including IOTA founder Dominik Schiener and Alisa Maas, Head of Mobility and Automotive at the IOTA Foundation among others for “putting so much energy & passion into this project.”

Technical Review – IOT/USD

IOTA/USD 4-hour chart

Keeping in mind the decline discussed at the start of this piece, the most recent price behavior remains worrying. As seen via the 4-hour chart view, IOT/USD is moving within a range-block formation. The price is very much within consolidation mode. As a result, it remains at risk of another extended move to the south. It can also be perceived as a potential bearish pennant formation, which technically is subject to a breakout tot the downside.

Downside Targets

IOT/USD weekly chart

Looking at downside levels of potential support, the next area to note would likely be $0.1750. This is a weekly support seen since July 2017, week of 17th. Should this fail to provide any comfort, the next level is eyed at $0.1425, the weekly support for week of 10th July 2017. These moves would be similar to other cryptocurrencies in terms of finding that bottom area. For now, all remains tilted in favor of the market bears.

Got my buy orders set at 18.1c, so hopefully I can fill my bags before the next temporary rally. I’m growing more bullish on IOTA each week.

so much for this dca

Today I bought 227 IOTA for 50 bucks. To the Audi Moon.

Total Invested Total Porfolio
COST VALUE PROFITS % INCREASE
$3,475.00 $694.00 -$2,781.00 -80.03%

Why (are you growing bullish)? It’s time for me to buy silly small amounts of altcoins like this and I need some rationale (other than "it’s going to the moon!). Examples of rationale might be:

• Any good dApps that are gaining traction;
  • Some of the big institutional investors are saying nice things;
  • Some things you think are important
  • Increased volume of positive comments; and of course,
  • A quick TA;

Put some structure in it! Facts pay out. BS’ers are easily determined and ignored.

:frowning: what happened? since when is “its going to the moon” not valid anymore? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Harry – OG man – Unless you are one of the “stupid lucky ones” (you’re certainly NOT stupid) …

It’s emotional. Lots of people make investments based on emotion. Few win emotional investing bets.

Improve your odds of being a winner by bringing more FACTS to the table.

Make sense??

Jup, haha so sad that we no longer just believe in the “to the moon” argument hhaa