Is this a 'new' craze? ūü§Ē

56 AM

Token‚Äč ‚Äč‚Äčairdrops‚Äč‚Äč ‚Äčseem‚Äč ‚Äčto‚Äč ‚Äčbe‚Äč ‚Äča‚Äč ‚Äčthing‚Äč ‚Äčin‚Äč ‚Äčcrypto‚Äč ‚ÄčPR‚Äč ‚Äčright‚Äč ‚Äčnow.‚Äč ‚ÄčAn‚Äč ‚Äčairdrop‚Äč ‚Äčis‚Äč ‚Äčbasically‚Äč ‚Äčwhen‚Äč ‚Äča‚Äč ‚Äčblockchain project ‚Äčdecides‚Äč ‚Äčto‚Äč ‚Äčdistribute‚Äč ‚Äčfree‚Äč ‚Äčtokens,‚Äč ‚Äčor‚Äč ‚Äčcoins,‚Äč ‚Äčto‚Äč ‚Äčthe‚Äč ‚Äčcommunity. This‚Äč ‚Äčhappens‚Äč ‚Äčafter‚Äč the project has completed its ‚ÄčICO‚Äč ‚Äč‚Äčand‚Äč ‚Äčthe‚Äč ‚Äčtoken‚Äč ‚Äčhas‚Äč ‚Äčbecome‚Äč ‚Äčtradeable‚Äč ‚Äčon‚Äč ‚Äčthe‚Äč ‚Äčopen‚Äč ‚Äčmarket.

I‚Äôm not sure I‚Äôd call it a ‚Äúcraze‚Ä̂Ķ the ‚Äėendowment‚Äô effect is also an interesting thing to consider.

3 Likes

I think it is a give back for messing up the ETH networks lol. it really is probly a way to get traders to put more value behind the coin quickly and generate more revenue.

2 Likes

It’s like the sample booths at Walmart where they give you a piece of smoked cheese on a toothpick and tell you where to buy more. A new advertising approach. I think its pretty innovative

4 Likes

I definetly agree with that one. Another view is marketing. Look at the ATS airdrop. You get around 10$ for every person who signs up for a newsletter. I think their budget is about 7% of the ICO’s raised capital. That’s a pretty good marketing for not that much money.

2 Likes

ūüíį YEN ¬∑ YouTube ¬∑ÔłŹ YEN.CAMP ūü߆