The longterm hustle your children will thank you for
8 Likes

McAfee, McAfee, McAfee John
Don’t fuck with my dogs
Don’t fuck with my dogs

4 Likes

I was there in the front row. I noticed he didn’t touch anything. He even had a guy open the red rope for him to walk up on the stage. He stood there while some guy (probably a body guard) stood up and unhooked the rope for him. He partied that night pretty hard with a bunch of crypto VIPs and it was a good night allegedly. I couldn’t afford the VIP dinner personally. Tickets were already pretty expensive to attend the event.

2 Likes

What are the prices for such an event?

I wanted to visit an event where vitalik talks…but a normal ticket was about 499 swiss francs :see_no_evil:

I think the event you have attended was more expensive?

3 Likes

Prices range from Free to >$1000 USD. You can get 50% tickets, or even enter a drawing for free tickets. Typically though people pay around $1000 for non-VIP tickets. If you want to rub elbows with some really big names then you pay extra for VIP and get treated to a really nice VIP dinner. Andrew from CWJ and Blockchain Nation puts on a really good conference. He’s a really great guy in my experience. There was opportunity to talk to people like Jim Rogers, “Flip”, Tone Vays, Bitcoin “founders”, Ronnie Moas, etc.

1 Like

Yes; networking purposes is why you go to these events. There is no other reason really. For me specifically it was a business expense and for networking opportunities. I got to hang out with Tone Vays for a while which was a lot of fun as well. I made quite a few connections there that enabled me to make more connections in the crypto space. Also, all things relative, $1000 is not that much money. It might be to someone who doesn’t have a lot like myself right now trying to raise money for a start up, but while I was working my day job, I wouldn’t have a problem spending that much on something that would benefit me intellectually.

I had a turning point in my life where expensive to me was that my wife and I both used to road race motorcycles in north Florida. That is expensive and it’s also not granting me anything intellectually. It also was at great risk in the event either of us were to crash my motorcycles at 140mph. I’d be in worse shape then if I were to walk around a trade show rubbing elbows. I like to weigh the positives and negatives for everything I do. Which is why I’m selling all my motorcycles and going all in with crypto. The risk to reward ratio is what I look at with crypto versus my hobbies which don’t leave me with any gains, only broken bones and scars.

2 Likes

💰 YEN · YouTube ·️ YEN.CAMP 🧠